Life

On this sleepless night I want to tell you a story
A story that might not matter to anyone except the person it happened to.
But it may change the way you think about other's feelings a bit.

There was once a girl who coincidentally greeted life while standing at the edge of a hill

A soft smile plastered on her face, she simply looked at it and felt amazed.

Why was she seeing life when she was about to end it and meet up with death?

She asked, " Why after all that time, you stand here in front of me now? Why stop me now? "

To which it tried to smile and tilted it's head, "Maybe, because I'm being selfish and I don't want you to end me."

The girl went on,
"I embrace silence and seek solitude in a world that's always bustling with people and crazily filled with noise."

"In a world that only sees from outside and never let's you become free. Independence? In a society that is codependent? Seems like a joke right?"

Life silently listened to her trembling voice.

"Then they get upset if you do get your own way. Why they are so afraid, why can't they leave us be?"

"They force me to believe that I am the one who ruined me, I did it myself."

She looked at life with tears in her eyes threatening to fall,
"But I'll let my heart and mind decide and never be sorry for who I really am."

"I get confused when people ask me if I'm happy. I'm curious about what actual happiness is, why people destroy others to receive it, cramples other's feelings just to have that one feeling."

That's when life came closer and wiped her cheek and told her in a hushed voice,
"I know it's hard for you to keep me with yourself, surely there are people who cares for you and wants the best for you."

"Have you not known me more than you've known anyone else? Would you care for a friend who would talk to you the way you talk to yourself? Then why do you hate yourself for being just you?"

The girl grabbed it's hand and squeezed it slightly,
"How do we forgive ourselves for the things we did wrong, even if others do forgive, how do you get rid of this heaviness that drags you down?"

"Am I the only one who thinks too much about what I did and feel guilty about hurting others. But why is it that I always forgive them when they hurted me?"

Life smiled and looked at her dearly,
"As long as you have me, I'll be there by your side. But it will be all over once you lose what only you can have,  and that is courage."

"Courage?" she asked confusely.

"Courage to be yourself, you are human, make mistakes but don't let it drown your self, learn from it, cry but stand up again no matter how many times you fall into a deep pit, as long as you have faith, you can hold on to that rope and climb again."

"Beautiful moments that seem so short and wonderful things you think as small, those are the ones that are really important."

Finally the girl looked up at life, "Is that why you came here in my last moments? To give me courage and something to hold on to."

You have the fight in you
You have the life in you

As life continued going on it said;

"What can death bring you? Peace?"

"No, it won't be that easy."

"The body has to be in peace with the mind and soul, only then you can find true happiness
Happiness that will be only yours and no one can take it."

"Those harsh words which pierces like knives, cold attitudes that hurts your very being, neglect that pains your heart, fake friends that makes your emotions into fun."

"It's all a part of my plan to make you stronger.
Make you louder.
With hardships comes ease and do not be discouraged by influences of evil."

"You have an existence to prove
For that, you need me."

The girl looked up at last with some hope, fixing her gaze upon the world infront of her she said;

"I'll live for myself until I find a reason to die for."

~The End~
🍀