Story of Selfishness

After death, there is nothing you can do for yourself.
However you can watch the people going on without you.
Like you never existed.

An ordinary girl like me who just wanted a blissful life, ended up miserably at it. 

"What did I ever do to you"
I say as my body covered with blood stand infront of him, but he can't see because...

I am dead

-----------------------------------------------------------

Every day I went to the bakery with my sister to eat breakfast.
It was a wonderful start of highschool
The aroma of freshly baked bread and the whole atmosphere of everyone being busy in their own stuff.

The guy flirting with my sister was kind of annoying but isn't that a normal thing? So I paid no attention to it..

As days went by, stress of studies and anxiety begin to grow up inside me. I tried to calm myself taking that as a challenge given by life, but no matter what I did, that feeling never left me or even faded.

The only place where I could ease my nerves was the bakery.
I loved it.

I started going there even after school to have coffee and read a book.

But all good things come to an end and so did mine.

One eve, I noticed something wrong in the bakery. There were hardly any customer at that time. The worker was acting strangely and all of a sudden, lights went out and there was no source of light.

I heard a crashing noise and got up from my seat, flashing my phone's light.
I went near the counter and asked if everything was alright.

I could hear someone breathing heavily. It scared me so much so I called the police right away, but before I could say anything further, some feeble murmurings came from behind the desk,

"Its ruined, everything is ruined..." he gasped, "No I can't let this end me."  gritting his teeth he stood up.

"Are you okay?" I hesitantly asked him.

Frantically he searched everywhere and hissed,
"I will fix it,you didn't see anything!"

I felt a hand grabbing my arm and pushed me backwards from the counter.

I fell back on the hard floor with a thud and was met with some plastic bags thrown at me, there were half eaten bread and baked cookies inside along with some beverages.

I could sense a pair of malicious eyes staring at me in the dark.
"You... Will take the blame" he whispered in a barely audible manner.

The lights came back as the mangager came down the stairs.
I was shocked to see myself covered with beverages and crusts.
The guy from the counter suddenly shouted,

"S-she tried to threaten me and steal all that food!"

What he said was beyond my comprehension.

Why? How could he blame me? What's wrong with him?

A lump formed in my throat and I couldn't speak. My legs were shaking and tears were threatening to fall.

"Miss is this true?" Is what I heard the manager asking.
I shook my head and tried to get up but the guy shouted at me again.

"Ofcourse she would lie, she got caught red handed!"

I don't know why but I wanted to run away from this horrible situation and never come back.

That was a foolish attempt..

I stormed out of the cafe with people yelling at me from the back.
Run, run, run and never look back is what I thought.

When I reached the intersection I was bewildered by my own thoughts.
But they were interrupted by a pair of hands suddenly pushing me into the busy road.

Everything seemed so slow... I couldn't see anyone's face.

Just heard a loud crash...

My body ached severely and my blood oozed out like water spilling from a broken glass.. Cold, shivers and blurred vision.. I breathed my last breath...

"Ahh, were you that desperate for your self that you had to sacrifice an innocent life?"

Your friendly face is such a facade.

Liar

But people can do worse things than to just kill you
And one of those things is
Lying

........................................................................