Chapter 1

It wasn't his first time dancing. He could tell at least that much. But still, he didn't know his name. Wooyoung was astonished by the dancing of the male in front of him. His body flowed like water but he wasn't calm like people would describe his own dancing. There was a storm inside this boy's body that wants to break out. Wooyoung could clearly see that he wasn't as skilled as himself but had a lot of potential. He just didn't know yet what to do with all this power and passion inside of him.

The whole class applauded when the boy finished his performance and Wooyoung snapped out of it. He joined his classmates and listened to the teacher, who praised the boy's performance.

The dance class went on as usual and at the end, Wooyoung looked out for the boy, but wasn't able to find him. He probably already left. Wooyoung let out a sigh and packed up his stuff. He didn't take showers at the studio. He didn't like having company while in the shower and would do so at home. Luckily, he doesn't live far from this studio, so he wouldn't feel gross for long.

On his way home Wooyoung wondered again, who that boy today was. He was new and his performance was some kind of entrance exam to determine if he would be good enough for this class. And he passed it. So Wooyoung pushed the thought of this boy in the back of his head. He would see him tomorrow in class.

But he wasn't there the next day.

And the day after he was another no-show.

Wooyoung was surprized by that. This dancing class was only for people who took dancing seriously and would be here every day. If you don't take it seriously you wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace and be kicked out soon.

And it didn't seem as if this boy wasn't serious at all. He could tell that much from the expressions he had on his face when he performed the other day.

Soon after that Wooyoung stopped thinking about the mysterious boy and concentrated on his dancing. He would need a lot of practice if he wanted to pass the monthly evaluation in a week. Everything comes down to these evaluations. These performances determine which trainees will be forwarded to the higher ups. They decide who will perform with the idols of this company on the stage. And this is everyone's goal. To stand on that stage, dancing with the idols, in front of their fans.

Wooyoung dreamed about that scenario for as long as he could remember. He always just wanted to dance. When he saw an idol on the tv as an elementary school student he told his parents he wanted to do that too. First, they were against it, thinking he meant being an idol. But when they realized that he meant the background dancers they supported his dream. And so, they sent him to different dance schools to learn how to move his body. Wooyoung was born with talent, which is why he was able to sign in this studio four years ago at only an age of fourteen. He worked hard on his dancing and went through different classes. Finally, last year, he was forwarded to this dancing class, which is everyone's goal. Only from this class people will get to perform on stage and go on tour with the idols. Wooyoung was almost at his goal.

The day the mysterious boy came back to class was the day of the monthly evaluation. Wooyoung was kind of furious about that.

He worked hard for four weeks to learn the choreography for this evaluation and this guy just shows up whenever he wants to. It wasn't fair if he would be taking this evaluation.

But Wooyoung had no say in this. His teacher let him dance and the managers and other teachers evaluated him.

"You're getting better", they told him, after he was finished.

"Yes, we can work with that", another one nodded. "I think you are ready."

"Thank you", the boy bowed to the teachers. "But I still lack a lot."

"You want to wait longer?", my teacher asked in disbelieve.

"Yes. Please let me train for another month. I will show you a better performance then."

The teachers and managers looked at each other for a while but then one of them shrugged. "It is your decision. If you think you are not ready yet, we won't push it."

"Thank you! You won't regret it!" The boy bowed again and left the middle to sit down at the side with the other trainees.

Wooyoung stared at him in disbelieve. He was just offered to be on stage! And he turned the offer down?! What the hell? As if he had to train more! His dance was perfect. How can he be even more perfect?

The boy noticed his staring and looked back. Wooyoung hurriedly averted his eyes. He didn't want the boy to know that he didn't understand his decision. Instead, he focused on the next performance, not knowing when it would be his own turn.

A few hours later the evaluation was over and not even one person of the class was forwarded to the higher ups. Wooyoung let out a deep sigh when the teachers left the room.

"This is crazy", one of the trainees, Mingi, complained. "How are we supposed to finish the new task in only four weeks?"

"We just have to work hard", Yeosang said. "Isn't it always like that?"

"Yeah, but usually they don't want us to do the choreo by ourselves", Wooyoung said with a small voice. He was exhausted. When he dreamed of being a dancer on a stage, he didn't know he had to work that hard for that dream. He thought he just had to learn how to dance ... but it was much, much more than just dancing.

"I have never made a choreo before", Mingi said and everyone looked down. Of course, no one had. They only learned till now what they were told to do.

"I have", one voice broke the silence and everyone's head turned. It was the new boy.

"You did?", Wooyoung asked with a raised brow. The boy didn't give the vibe, that he had much experience. Yes, he improved in the past week, when Wooyoung compared his entrance exam to the evaluation today, but he really didn't seem like one to have much experience. He couldn't believe that a newbie like him would have made a choreo before.

"Yes", the boy answered.

"Then you can help us out?", Mingi asked relieved.

"Yes, I can make the choreo for the team performance."