Chapter 3

San took Wooyoung's arm and pulled him to the middle of the studio. "Here, you do this." San showed Wooyoung a part of the choreo and Wooyoung followed along. It took a few times, but soon Wooyoung got this part correct. They turned on the music again and Wooyoung followed San along in the small part, he already learned.

"Okay, I understand now", Wooyoung said out of breath. The choreo really wasn't that hard to learn. But there were so many different movements, he doubted they would be able to memorize the whole thing.

He sat down against the mirror and watched San a few times more dancing to the song they were supposed to perform in four weeks. The dance wasn't as flashy and passionate as the one he did when Wooyoung entered and he wondered why it was like that.

"Will you join me?", San asked in between songs und wiped his face with his arm.

"Do you know what time it is?", Wooyoung suddenly asked. "Don't you want to stop?"

"Why? It can't be that late already."

"It's literally past midnight!"

"What, really?", San eyes went wide open. "Aaah I lost track of time again."

"Do you usually train this late?", Wooyoung asked amused.

"Yeah, but I try not to", San admitted. This made Wooyoung laugh because suddenly San looked so innocent and embarrassed. "Not funny."

"Sorry", Wooyoung said and stood up. "But you should really stop or you won't have any energy tomorrow for practice."

"But I wanted to finish this today", San said with a pout and Wooyoung's insides did a thing.

"You can finish tomorrow."

"But then I have to teach you guys something that's not perfect", San's pout grew bigger.

"I know, but you have to finish up. Yixing Sunbaenim doesn't like it when you are tired in his class", Wooyoung said.

"Fine", San said and went to turn off the laptop and get his stuff. Wooyoung waited for him at the door to turn off the lights.

"Don't you want to shower?", Wooyoung asked on their way down.

"Nah, I'll go to that grocery store down the street and then take a jog home." That reminded Wooyoung of the reason he left his home in the first place.

"Oh, right. I wanted to go there, too."

"Then let's go", San said in a cute voice and left the now completely dark building first.

They strolled down the street in complete silence. Wooyoung was uncomfortable with San but he didn't know why. It wasn't like San wasn't nice or anything like that. Wooyoung just didn't know how to put San. When he first saw him, he had this cold persona, didn't talk much and turned down the offer to dance on stage. Then earlier when he found him in the practice room, he was so charismatic and mesmerising Wooyoung literally forgot how to say anything and just watched him dance. But once they talked a bit, he was kind of ... cute? Wooyoung wasn't sure how to put it. Those dimples didn't match with his cold persona, but definitely with the tiny font voice he's been using a few times today.

"How old are you by the way?", San asked suddenly as the convenience store came in sight.

"Eighteen, you?"

San's reaction came immediately. A bright smile adored his face and his eyes disappeared again. "Me too. That means we're friends!"

"I guess so", Wooyoung answered, his eyes fixated on those cute dimples. "So, what do you want to get?", he asked to distract himself from San's smile and opened the door to the store.

"Mmmh, I don't know. Haven't eaten anything yet." San walked through the aisle. "Maybe just a chocolate bar."

"You can't just eat a chocolate bar if you haven't eaten anything yet", Wooyoung scolded him and pushed him away from the chocolates.

"But I want those!" San said in this tiny font voice again. Wooyoung stared at him in disbelieve. He wondered how a person can actually talk in a tiny font. But this is the only way how to describe the cute little voice he was using to whine at Wooyoung now. "Please? Pretty please?" San's eyes sparkled in the dim lighting of the store. "Just one chocolate bar! I promise I eat something else, too."

Wooyoung closed his eyes because he couldn't bare the sight of San's whining anymore. "Just get one", he sighed. How in the world could this guy suddenly be so freaking cute? Wooyoung wondered. As if he could deny him the chocolate when he looked at him like that. He just looked like a kid that whined at his mother.

San flashed a happy smile again and hurried back to the chocolate. "Get me one ramen, too", he said to Wooyoung who grabbed one of those for himself.

"Flavour?", Wooyoung asked and turned to San. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever you have."

So Wooyoung got a second one and made his way to the casher. They payed for their food and warmed it up. In front of the store were some tables, so they sat down on those to eat their ramen. They talked for a few more moments while eating before each went into a different direction to go home.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Wooyoung wished he was right the next day. But San didn't look at all like someone who trained through the night. Instead he was the first one to arrive at the practice room and was already warmed up, when everyone has showed up.

"Listen", San addressed them all and they turned to him while they were warming up their muscles. "I think I finished the choreo yesterday."

"Already?", Seonghwa asked perplexed.

"Well, yes", San said and turned on the music on the laptop. Without any other conversation San showed the rest his choreography.

Seeing it again didn't help Wooyoung in his admiration for the creativity of the choreo. When he saw San dance, he could picture it all perfect. And he knew that San's choreo would help them in completing the task that seemed so unlikely to fulfil.

"You are going to create a performance for a music show", Yixing Sunbaenim has said yesterday. "I give you a song and you'll do everything else. You do the choreo, you will coordinate your outfit, you will make it special." It seemed as if Yixing was looking in everybody's eyes one after another. "I want you to surprize me with a performance I don't expect."

"How are we supposed to do that?", Yunho has asked.

"You have everything here, that you'll need. You can use every source you can think of." Was the answer before Yixing left the room and everyone fell silent.

This dance from San was the first step to that unexpected performance Yixing wanted from their dance class.

Everybody clapped their hands when San was finished. He was out of breath but looked at them waiting for their opinion.

"That was amazing!", Jongho said. "How did you come up with this?"

"Well, I just did?" It was more a question, than an answer.

"But this is so difficult!", Mingi complained.

"Don't worry, it's not difficult, it's just a little much", Wooyoung stepped in. "He showed me a part of it yesterday and I guaranty it's not difficult."

"But it is a lot to learn", San admits and waves his arms at his teammates to stand up. "Which is why we need to start learning. I'm not a hundred percent sure about the choreo, but we have to start now, or else it we would waste time."

And so, the cruel training of learning a new choreo began.