Chapter Eighteen: The flashbacks

One Month later

D A V I D

One month..One months ago I said my temporary goodbye to my sister. Mamma, she woke up the next day, she was a little weak but the doctor said she's fine, they both are. Alanna, woke up that same night but feeling sick.She couldn't stay awake..she felt too weak to stay awake.She kept remembering everything. During her sleep. During day time. It was haunting her. 

Ezra hasn't left his room and has been drifting into another dimension. Romero..he's holding it all in for the rest of us. but one glance and I can tell he is dying in the inside..screaming but he doesn't show it. 

Three days after that fire it was announced to us that Antonio had died. But apparently he wasn't only holding Eliza hostage there.but two other people. They found clothes of little kids and a lady's.But their bodies weren't found so it means they escaped in time. Where are they? We don't know and don't think we could care much. 

Lorenzo left to England one week after that incident. The English had invited him for business and he denied it at first but I made him understand, that Eliza wouldn't want him to let this go..let a chance of growing..go. He understood and asked if we would be okay without him and I assured him we would be and he left the country that night, he hasn't been back since.

Alex..Alex has been throwing himself in work during day time and he visits Eliza during night times or vice versa. He has been very quiet.Only speaks when he needs to. 

Papa has been growing weak by the day.He's been drinking a little and he leaves the business to uncle Emilio. Uncle Em has been a little distant but hasn't completely lost himself after all he was the closest with El. 

Tate and Lena..Tate and Lena have been staying here but they go home every three days and then come back. They miss her..we all do. but we have to wait..if she's at peace there then-then I-i just want her happy.That's all I want for my sorellina, to be happy, to be at peace. I cant keep count of the days anymore, they are running yet they aren't.Time seems to stop and unfreezes not at that same time but days, even weeks later.

later on during the morning, 

I was sat in the study room, just thinking..remembering and hurting.

"Davidddddd!"

"Yes sorellina?" I walked in seeing her sitting on the couch, her legs up and her head hanging down.I ran up to her and I held her head up and made her sit up right.

"Im so bored, Fratello. I want to see Uncle. Emilio!"

"He is busy with Papa, maybe later?"

"What about Romero and Ezra?"

"Well, Romero is playing games with Ezra and Grandpa outside.Want to go?"

"Grandpa's hereeee. Why didnt I see him?"she said getting up and running out the room.

"well ah-you are an eight year old who is obsessed with food, so you hear nothing else when we talk to you if you're eating." I looked to see, she was in the elevator breaking the god damn buttons trying to go down fast.

I walked over to the balcony and looked out to see her jumping on granddad Eddie's back, and laughter filled the air. Romero and Ezra were smiling and went in for a group hug. It's tiring to have little sisters and brothers but its not so bad.

"Dave?" Romero said pulling me out of the trip down memory lane, I wiped my tears away and stood up.

"sì?"