Chapter Thirty Three: Tar-Black skies.

Alanna's pov

I wiped away my tears while I looked out the window. The sky was now tar-black and large clouds were coming into view. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water.I heard a tapping on the window and then it became a pitter-patter. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees. Finally my house came to view. This was it. We say goodbye. The car parked by the driveway. I got out taking a deep breath. Elena and Eliza followed slowly. We stood in silence, listening to the repetitive sound of the rain drops hitting the ground. 

"I'll miss you so much."I said hugging Eliza tight. I started crying once again. 

"Ill-Ill miss you too." She said resting her head in the crook of my neck. She started crying as-well. I noticed Elena taking in deep breaths fighting her tears back. I slowly pulled away and hugged Elena tight. "I hope I made up for t-"I whispered. She immediately interrupted me.

"You did. Don't worry." I didn't want to pull away. Because I knew if I did. They would be gone.

I pulled away, only to hug them both tight. "Just wait another five years, right?"I mumbled, making them both laugh due to the memories. 

"Please make it."I whispered knowing I was the only one who heard it.They slowly pulled away. 

"Its time we go."Elena whispered. "Stay safe. Do not worry about us."Eliza said, with a serious look on her face yet she knew I could never do that. I raised an eyebrow up.

"Whatever you say."I mumbled making her chuckle. I rolled my eyes but I too, couldn't suppress my laugh.

"Well." Elena said clearing her throat. "Goodbye Alanna." she said with a low voice. Almost as a whisper. "No. See you soon."I corrected Elena and she gave me a faint smile.

"Of course." They both walked to the car and Eliza stopped.

"I-I. Stay safe..I-We. Forget us. Please." She knew she couldn't ask someone something like that. yet she did it anyways. How can one forget the people she loves? How? Tell me and I walk away. I felt like this was our last time speaking. I felt thousands of knives crashing into my soul. My heart was aching. 

"Don't g-go. I can't watch you g-go."I said with pleading eyes. She took a deep breath and looked down at the ground. The rain was reflecting all I felt right now. Small puddles were forming due to the high amount of rain and unevenness on the ground. 

"Then s-shut your eyes." Elena said quietly. I immediately shut my eyes tight. Tears battling to leave. One couldn't figure out if I was crying or not. The rain was equally crying with me really. I heard the engine roar. I stood in the rain for a while longer when I opened my eyes. I no longer saw them. They're gone. I was about to turn around when something caught my eye. A chain necklace lay on the sidewalk. There was a lock on it. I picked it up to see 'Dance in the rain, look at the stars. Remember i'll always be there.' engraved on it. I immediately put it on. It looked like the one on their necks. They all had different messages on each one. This one. This was from Eliza. I knew it. 

"And i'll be there for you." I whispered as if she could hear me and I ran in. I stood by the door way, looking out at the sky for a second longer. The rain was now coming down at a slower pace. The clouds were gradually losing their anger and sadness in them and were now growing lighter. 

In the car

"Mrs Callahan, airport?"

"Yes." he nodded and drove on. The rain was now slowing down. I looked up at the once tar-black sky and noticed it was clearing up and a bit of light was shinning through. Once we got to the airport. Something felt odd. I turned around to see a young man sitting on the bench right outside the airpot. He had brown black hair and dark eyes. Something seemed so familiar. Yet I knew I have never seen this man in my life. I 'dropped' my bag and he immediately came up to me. He picked it up and I noticed something on his neck. Something that cleared up everything.