Chapter Twenty Seven : Early mornings and sad thoughts.

6:35

Alanna's pov

Once again my thoughts didn't allow me to sleep. I feel like I have nothing on my mind then I feel like I have the entire world on my mind. It's as if the things life throws at us gets too heavy. It's our second day here. Mr and Mrs Girodani invited the Bianchi family. They arrived yesterday. Mr and Mrs. Bianchi and their son Matias. Matias is Tate's older brother. He left the mafia to serve for the army instead. It's been a while since Tate has heard from him, well at least until yesterday. Matias is 22. Older then all of us except for Ani and David. I walked down the corridors to hear nothing but silence, The "kids" stay in one house while the parents stay in the one next to us. One can clearly picture what goes on here. I walked out to the pool and and lay down on the couch outside, staring at the magical sun rise. 

"So I see i'm not the only one up."I heard Eliza saying behind me.

"I didn't know you were up."I said still watching the sun rise,

"Anything on your mind?"She asked sitting down next to me with a mug in her hand.

"A lot, yet nothing."I said with no emotion what so ever.

"Alanna when will you move on?"she asked making me feel the heart ache once again.

"I-. Eliza the love I felt wasn't something small.I just cant forget it."I said. Best response I could find in me.

"Do you think they think about you?"she asked innocently.

"They do. Just not in that way.I think.I don't know."

"Im sorry."she said tracing the out line of her cup.

"Not all of us get lucky with love, El."

"Thats because who ever it is, isn't the right one for you."I looked at her for a second.

"I could feel it.I knew they were the one."I said feeling my heart shatter.

"how so?"she asked placing her cup down and laying back staring at the sky with me.

"At the mention of their name id smile, my heart would do backflips. Id feel butterflies. Seeing them smile would make me smile. Their touch would make me the happiest. When ever we'd hug i'd feel like I was safe. Like nothing could harm me. I felt-Well when we gradually got closer I started believing, "Home can have a heart beat." and that, thats how I knew they were the one."

She nodded in silence.

"Was I never enough?"

"Okay listen to me, when ever something like that pops in your head. Think about it like this, The same god that created galaxies, sunsets and oceans thought the world needed one of you."I instantly hugged her tight.

"Why did I never deserve their love?"I asked crying onto her shoulder. She hugged me back tight.

"Forget about them, they probably weren't even worth your love."Even if I may keep her in the dark at times she never fails to be there for me. I got lucky to find a best friend like her.

"You will meet someone who will love you unconditionally, will appreciate you for who you are, will love your imperfections .  Then-then you'll understand that person you loved so deeply was not the one."

"Mhm.El?"

"Mhm."

"Alex got lucky."

"Why?"

"He got lucky in having you as his other half."She gave me a small smile. I could see the pain she felt for me. I didn't want her to feel what I feel. She has already felt enough.