Chapter Thirty Six: (Part 2) A place of complete darkness

"Max..M-Max."I couldn't stop crying. I had never felt so weak ever in my life. He was shot in the chest. He got shot trying to save..me. Once again I was the one being saved. In that moment we knew we were saying goodbye. Max locked his eyes onto mine and I cradled him, each of us bathed in her blood. A faint smile on his face.

"Y-you'll be okay." I murmured. "No I won't." he said, and it came out as a whisper. His face was losing color by the passing minute.

"J-Just stay quiet will you."

"E-Eliza?" I couldn't look at him. I just couldn't. I looked all around but not at him.

"Elz."I sighed and looked at him. His skin was so pale. His face was covered in blood. His smile was gone. Our eyes finally met. "Y-Yes?"

"Forgive me."

"Max.."I trailed off. He squeezed my hand once more, "Forgive me. I-I let love get to the best of me. I-I"

"You didn't love me, Max. T-Trust me." I said wiping my tears away. I wanted to look for someone to help but he held my hand stopping me from getting up.

"But I did." His eyes were slowly shutting. "N-no don't shut your eyes." slowly he was having more and more difficulty breathing. "F-Forgive me." He repeated with pleading eyes.

"I-I forgive you." I managed to say through my tears. I was choking on my own tears. "I'm no longer afraid." He lifted his hand to touch my face, wiping away the tears.

"Th-Thank you, Elz." He caressed my cheek with his knuckles. "I love your green eyes." He said as he smiled so briefly before his breathing became a noisy rattle... Just when I thought I would meet his brown eyes once again. I didn't. 

"M-Max?" His hand dropped from my face. Panic took over me. I immediately rested my fingers on his neck checking for a pulse. "N-No..." and my heart dropped. 

Max Caruso was gone. I let a single tear drop as I planted a kiss on his now cold forehead. "I-I forgive you." I whispered against his forehead. "Goodbye.."

"Eliza.." I heard a voice behind me. I slowly and gently lifted Max' head and laid his head on the floor and slowly got up from the ground. I fear..the person behind me is Anna. I take a deep breath taring my eyes from Max and immediately turned around.

There she was..she stood there with fear in her eyes. Her forehead was bleeding. Her blonde hair was covered in blood. Her mascara was stained on her cheek. Her clothes were drenched in blood and so were her hands. She held a gun in her bloody hands.

Once her eyes left mine. They landed behind me. She immediately gasped and held her hand over her mouth.

"N-No." she mumbled beginning to cry. No she didn't cry..she wanted to. But couldn't "N-No.." she whispered falling to her knees. I squeezed my eyes shut for a second and fighting the urge to cry out again. I opened my eyes and I looked at the helpless girl that sat on her knees right in-front of me. She was so fazed she wasn't able to cry. That is the saddest kind of sad..When your tears cant even drop and you feel nothing. It's like the world has just ended, you don't cry. You dont hear nor see. You just stay there. And for a second..the heart dies..your heart dies.

"I forgave h-him." I whispered and she nodded still in shock that her little brother was gone. Her only brother..her other half. She was trying to wrap her head around it all but she couldn't. "H-He loved you, you know that right?" she asked not meeting my gaze. I nodded as I silently continued to cry. "Hell, I don't think he'll stop. Not even on the other side of the stars." She mumbled. I watched her rub her temples as she stood up slowly walking towards him. She came to a stop right next to me. "He always said, T-Time was never on our side. B-But I don't lose hope. W-We will love again in a place where c-clocks don't tick." and she slid next to him. I watched her lay his head on her lap and caress his brown hair. A tear dropped onto his cheek. I took a deep breath and fully faced them. I watched her press her forehead against his. "See you on the other s-side Maxi."it was the last thing I heard as I walked out the door. Once I got to the stair case, I stopped and leaned my back to the wall, taking a deep breath and looking at the gun that was clenched in my hand.