Chapter 25

No One's POV

"Okay, just text me when you get here...I can't wait to see you either...Okay, bye." Riley says to Max before hanging up her phone.

Riley looked at herself in the mirror. She was in a floor length navy blue dress with a matching bow in her hair. Her eyes had a Smokey look to them and her lips were red, and her hair was in a braid. Her nails were painted the same blue as her dress and she wore silver heeled sandals. Around Riley's neck was the locket her mother gave her. Riley was also wearing her nose ring, black earrings, and many bracelets. She put her phone in her black clutch.

Riley was nervous. She'd never been to a school dance before, so she wasn't quite sure what to expect, especially since she was going with Max...Max was up for 9th grade homecoming princess against - guess who? - Emily Poncher, and one other girl as well. Riley really did hope Max would win though.

x

As Max came up on Riley's block, she texted Riley, letting her know that she was almost there. Max looked around her. These Victorian style homes were much more impressive than the small apartment that Max and her mom had moved into.

Max approached the gates of the house, growing nervous. This was her idol's house and she was going to her first ever homecoming with his daughter. If that's not a good reason to be nervous, I don't know what is.

Max looked at her phone. Riley still hadn't texted her back. Max wasn't quite sure what to do...Should she just wait a bit longer to see if Riley would text her back? Max looked to her left and saw a keypad next to her, presumably to the gates of the house. She also saw what was labeled as the call button. Without even really thinking, Max pressed it.

A few seconds later, someone answered.

"Hello?" A male voice asks.

Max's heart nearly stopped all together. It was him.

"Um, hi it's Max, I'm here to pick up Riley. I-Is this the right address?" Max asks, nervously.

"Yeah, you're at the right place. Come on up; I'll buzz you in."

A second later, there's a loud buzzing sound, and the black gates begin to open.

Max takes a breath, then begins to walk up the drive way. Her heart began to beat even faster and her mouth fell open when she saw the house she was approaching - it was massive. It was by far the biggest house she'd ever seen in real life. Max's breath was almost literally taken away.

Max stood and observed the house a moment before the front door opened to reveal Chris Motionless himself, who greeted her with a smile.

"Hi. Come on in. Riley's almost ready."

Max simply nodded, tongue-tied, as she walked up the steps. Chris stepped aside and held the door open. Max looked around the house and felt even more intimidated. To her, this was no house - it was a palace.

Sabrina was out of town with family, so Chris was on his own tonight.

Chris took a moment to study the young girl that he'd heard so much about. She was in a strapless yellow dress with white flowers on it, and she had a black blazer over it. She had dark brown curly hair with a yellow bow in it that matched her dress. She had on black heeled platform boots that made her at least six inches taller than she actually was. Her brown eyes were covered in black and silver eyeshadow and what looked like fake eyelashes, and she had on dark maroon colored lipstick. She had black talons over her nails and held on to her black clutch, which had a golden bow on it. Large, black hoop earrings hung from the sides of Max's head and a black leather choker with spikes was wrapped around her neck. Around her wrists were numerous black bracelets with studs and spikes, and then one bracelet that was made of rainbow colors. Chris felt like he'd seen it before, but he couldn't pin-point where from...