Chapter 40

A/N: Just so you guys know the YouTube video for this chapter is REALLY cheesy but it's not mine and its the audio that really counts because it's the song Jack and Riley sing so whatever. Enjoy the final chapter of Break The Cycle :)

Riley's POV

Saturday.

Well, tonight is the big night. To say that I'm nervous would be the biggest understatement ever spoken. However, I'm also really excited.

I'm in a strapless, knee length dress, red platform heels with a bow on the toes, a few bracelets, pearl earrings, and the locket my mom gave me. I have French tips on my nails as well. I did just a natural makeup on my eyes, but my lips are a bright red, matching my dress.

I walk downstairs, and make sure I have everything ready. My phone buzzes. I look down and see that I have a new text message. Juliet and her husband, Stephen are here. They worked things out, which makes me really happy for them.

I grab my jacket and walk out. (A/N: I have been informed that Chris' sister is ACTUALLY named Jennifer but I wasn't gonna change it just for the last chapter. However I will refer to her by her actual name in future stories.)

x

Anthony, now age seven, holds my hand as we approach the school. Goosebumps form on my skin as we walk through the cold December air. Juliet is looking at her phone.

"The show doesn't start until eight thirty, right?"

"Yeah, I just had to be here a half hour early." I say.

"Okay. Everyone should be coming soon."

"Have you heard from my dad?" I ask.

"Not yet..."

We walk into the school and I let go of Anthony's hand.

"You know where to go?" Juliet asks.

"Yeah."

"Good luck, Riley!" Anthony exclaims. It comes out a bit weird though since he's missing his two from teeth.

I smile, "Thanks, buddy." I say before walking off. I take a left, then find the door to the backstage area. I walk in and find everyone else here, all in their "costumes".

Max walks up to me. She's in a black and white blouse, regular dark blue skinny jeans, and a black blazer. She's got red earrings, a red necklace, red talons, a red ring on her hand, black and red platform boots, and a red bow in her hair which has been put into a tight bun.

"You look cute."

"Thanks. So do you." Max says. She looks down at her clipboard, "Hey, guys, Riley Cerulli just got here. Check her in." She says to someone behind her. She writes something down and looks back up at me.

"Okay. Jack's already here. He's over at the piano where you guys were yesterday."

I nod and start walking over. I take my phone out and dial my dad's number.

"Hey, kiddo."

"Hi, Daddy. Are you guys almost here? The show starts in twenty-five minutes."

He hisses, "We might be a little late, but I will see you sing, Riley. I promise."

I sigh, "Okay." I say, not sure if I believe him.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yes. I don't know how you perform in front of thousands of people for a living. This is nerve wracking."