Chapter 9

Chris' POV

The guys and the family came to visit us when they could. We weren't going to be here much longer though, so most of them waited until Riley's release from the hospital; which just so happens to be today. The girls went out and got Riley some more clothes, and we're all planning on re-doing her bedroom soon.

Riley walks out of the bathroom in a black Metallica shirt, black jeans, and black converse. Her blonde hair is up in a pony tail and her sunglasses are on top of her head.

"These are a little big." She says, pulling on her clothes.

"I have a feeling everything is gonna be a little big on you for a while." I say.

I look out the window of the hospital room. There are numerous flashes and cameras and people outside. I sigh.

"Damn reporters." I mutter.

"What, are you guys getting chased by paparazzi now?" Riley jokes.

I laugh, "No; but when you went missing, it was all over the news. And now that you're back and Carlie is innocent and whatnot, all of that is going to be on the news as well. Everyone wants the big story. But you don't have to answer to them; any of them, okay?"

Riley nods, "Good. I didn't really want to."

I give a small smile, then hold my hand out to her, "C'mon. Let's go home."

Riley smiles in return, then takes my hand and we walk out.

x

Swarms of news reporters wait for us beyond the glass doors of the hospital's lobby.

"Fuck." I curse under my breath.

I take off my black hoodie jacket and hand it to Riley, "Here." I say, "Put the hood up."

Riley nods and does as told. She zips up the jacket, which is quite large on her, and throws the over sized hood over her head. I put my hands on her shoulders.

"The car is parked in the garage just across the street; we've just gotta make it there." I say, "I've had plenty of experience with reporters asking about you in years past, I know how they work. They're ruthless. They'll do anything they can to get two words out of you. Just keep your eyes down, okay? And don't say anything. I won't let go of you, okay?"

Riley nods. She puts her sunglasses over her eyes and I do the same. I return my hands to her shoulders, and guide her out of the building.

We're immediately surrounded the minute we walk out. Men and women from all different news stations shoving microphones in our faces trying to get information from us. Riley keeps her head down, as I told her to. The cameras can probably barely see her face because I told her to put the hood on. Riley shoves her hands in the pockets of the hoodie and I continue to guide her across the street. (A/N: You guys have seen how it is when someone is kidnapped or dies or whatever. A bunch of news people always surround and harrass them.)

The reporters even follow us into the parking garage. Riley and I are barely even walking, more like shuffling, trying to get passed these people. This is not going well.

"Turn left." I say to Riley.

She does so and I guide her to the car. I open the front passenger side door for her and she gets in. I shove passed the reporters and the cameras and the microphones to get to the driver's side. A part of me really wants to flip these people off, but that would be giving them what they want. I don't say anything, I don't react to anything, as I get into the car.

I shut the door and let out a big, heavy sigh.

"So is this our life now?" Riley asks.

I turn to face her, "No. This isn't going to last long. It'll only last a few days, a week and a half, tops. Then they'll move on to the next big scandal."