(Sad warning) The truth during the end.

"We don't need you. You're only a mascot for the city..." Barry had hissed to him, "you're just a lying villain... No need to hide your true self Bassy..."

Barry ran out of S.T.A.R Labs, his prototype suit around him as he ran. His eyes burned as tears streamed down his face.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a showdown happening on a roof. Slowing down to wipe his eyes, he saw Leonard Snart be pushed towards the edge by an unknown man.

Steeling his determination, he flashed towards them, refusing to allow the last person who trusted him to die.

He got to the roof just in time to see a blast on its way to hitting Snart. There was only enough time to do one thing. With his lightning filling the air, he shot forwards, shoving Snart away from the blast but taking it himself.

Snart watched with wide eyes as Barry took the blast for him. He watched from the floor as Barry shot off into the other building and falling to the floor.

He scrambled to his feet, slipping and sliding as he finally made his way over to where the man in scarlet lay. He fell to his knees, his gun skidding off to the side in his rush.

With fingers against the man's neck, his eyes welled. There was no movement, no pulse, no breathing. His vision blurred as he began CPR. Eventually, he collapsed half over him, crying into the still chest. Holding the man close he didn't notice as crowds of hundreds of thousands formed around him.

He hardly felt it when people grabbed him, pulling at him. His voice was broken with screams and sobs as he watched the man grow smaller and smaller before fading from sight as Barry disappeared from view.

-----

"He's been different after we broke him out, he's broken..." Lisa whispered, glancing over to where she knew her brother had locked himself away.

"He screams at night, a recurring night terror... He cries until sunlight comes in..." Mick whispered. "He shouts out a name again and again in his sleep."

"We need to find out who and why..." Lisa whispered.

-----

'Flash dies saving world-renowned thief, Leonard Snart.
As we all know, The Flash was found dead with Leonard Snart crying over him last month. A video later revealed that he had taken a fatal blast for the man. Leonard Snart was spotted to collapse to his knees as he attempted to save the life of the cities Scarlet Speedster.
We have now gained permission from his family to reveal the name of our hero: Batholomew (Barry) Henry Allen, the CCPD's CSI.
For a background history, the family told us about his high school years he spent away from the city. They called him Seductive Demon - a well-known crime boss of Ohio and Paris.
Our favourite hero used to be a villain and a crime boss like Captain Cold.'

"That's the name he's been shouting..." Mick whispered.

"The city never cries when a villain falls..." Lisa whispered, "any good that the hero did, washed under the bus..."

-----

While the rest of the city rejoiced and moved on, three villains stood side by side. Their faces wet as they wept.

In front of them was a small fire. A red lightning bolt in shape as A Thousand Years played softly through their ears.

Slowly the fire went out, and Mick and Lisa left Snart alone. He fell to his knee's head in his as he shoulders shook.

In the distance, there was a soft call of a cat. There it was again, slowly louder and louder. There was a thin tabby cat, just in the distance, calling out.

Leonard slowly approached, his eyes watering as he recognised it. The cat he found in Barry's apartment all those months ago.

In the cat's mouth was a box. It was calling out, trying to find someone - trying to locate Barry.

Leonard crouched down next to the cat, slowly petting its filthy hair. He slowly reached for the box, opening it.

Inside was a suited ring - he recognised its design, Barry would talk always saying how this would be the best suit he would have. It's gold and scarlet colours bringing fresh tears to his eyes.

Slowly, he threaded the ring onto the collar of the cat, siting it next to the tag that said, 'Scarlet, owner Barry Allen'.

A small bit of white paper in the black box caught his eye. Snart's eyes danced over the writing.

'If your reading this, then I've left the world prematurely. My mission and goals won't be complete, and I've broken people through going.
Just knowing everything, even now, I know its Leonard reading this while the world turns their backs on me.
Leonard, look after Scarlet for me, I'm sure you will be able to steal some food for him. I named him Scarlet because the name you gave me, sappy I know.
Guess I really did have a breakthrough on the ice we've been dancing on for years.
Love, Batholomew Henry Sebastian Smythe Allen - Scarlet.'

Snart cried until there was no more to cry, holding the last evidence of Scarlet close to him.

875

I know that this was not a pleasant happy one like I have done previously. It wasn't aimed to be happy; it was a design about how a story could make someone feel through the characterisation of a death. It was something I decided to do.

For those reading this, here, help yourself.
*points over to crate of tissues*