CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINEGOODBYE MURPHY "left alone to tear myself apart"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER NINE
GOODBYE MURPHY
"left alone to tear myself apart"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

The young girl crawled through the small space. She had snuck out when her parents weren't watching. They were too busy fighting, and Dylan was desperate for a break. She needed one. And she just the person to go to.

She kicked open the vent, dropping down into the room. Murphy jumped from his position on his bed, eyes wide. She always did those types of things, so Dylan wasn't sure how she still managed to take the boy by surprise.

"Hi?" He greeted. She didn't say anything. Instead she made her way over to him, crawling under the blanket with him. Murphy wrapped an arm around her shoulder, letting her rest her head on his shoulder. "Fighting again?"

She didn't answer, but she didn't need to. Her silence was answer enough. Candace and Marcus Kane was always fighting. When he was occupied with work, that is. Dylan often seemed to be left behind when they did so, and they probably wouldn't notice her lack of presence for another hour.

"Promise we will never fight? That we'll stick togheter no matter what?" The brunette asked, looking up at her friend. He smiled warmly at her, nodding.

"I promise." She held her pinky out and he accepted. "Pinky promise."

"No matter what?"

"No matter what."

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Dylan shook her head. Everything happening around her was blurry. She could hear yells, prostesting, but all she could focus on was her best friend. Lying in the mud, in the middle of a crowd in riot, being kicked and punched all over. And there was no way for her to stop it.

When she finally came to her senses, she sucker punched several teens, breaking her way through the thick crowd. "Get off of him!" She screamed, pulling as many as she could away her helpless friend. He was everything she had down here. She was friends with Bellamy too, but never really managed to bond with him as he was always too busy protecting his sister. Murphy was like a brother to her. He's everything I've got left. Not even her own father could possibly comprehend the love she held for the boy.

"Stop!" She cried out, desperately reaching out for him. Bellamy watched it all happen, doing nothing to stop it while Clarke was starting to realize what she had done. She yelled out along with Dylan, trying to stop them all.