1: I Hate Mondays

The alarm blared angrily at Damien, forcing him to wake up and go to school. Damien quickly rushed to grab his phone off the bedside table and turn the hideous noise off.

"Fucking Mondays..." Damien groaned as he sat up and headed to the light switch. Once his room illuminated, he noticed how much of a mess it was. Clothes were strewn haphazardly across the whole room. His desk had empty coffee cups and school books scattered around the computer. Damien moved the mouse to turn the screen on, causing him to wince at the odd brightness. His latest video had finished uploading overnight and had been up for 4 hours, and already had 850k views. Satisfied, he turned off the screen and headed to the shower.

After he had a shower, he dressed into his regular outfit - black hoodie and black, baggy jeans - and faced the mirror. His hair was a mess and so he gently shaped it into its usual style.

He darted downstairs to be greeted by his mother, who had already prepared breakfast for the two of them.

"Morning, sweetie. Are you ready for school?" His mother fondly questioned.
"I need to pack my bag but other than that I'm fine."
"Alright, sweetie. Have a good day then." She stated, before presenting some toast for his son.
"Oh, and mum..." Damien said, "Is it alright if I go to Mari's after school?"
"You're always at hers, Dames. Why can't I meet her?"
"I don't want you to." Damien monotonously mumbled.
"Is she your girlfriend?" his mum teased.
"NO!" he exclaimed, shocked with her statement.
"Whatever you say, sweetie." she winked, causing Damien to audibly groan. "Anyway, I'm going to be working late. There's some pizza in the freezer."
"Oh it's fine, I'll eat at Mari's."
"Okay, then. Bye, sweetie." She said before leaving for her workplace.

After a while, he received a flurry of messages from Courtney.

Designated Driver

Hey do you need a ride?
I'm picking up Olivia as well
Just so you're prepared.
Answer meeeeeeee
Deeeeeeeeem
ANSWER ME NOW
OR YOU WON'T GET A RIDE
I told Olivia to spam you.
You might want to answer like now.

Damien chuckled at Courtney's frustration before replying.

Oh yeah, a ride would be good :)

K. I'll be there in 10.

Damien then checked his other notifications: a series of messages from Olivia to which he said to talk to Courtney; and a message from Mari.

Coolest Girl

Hey, you down for hanging out again?

Yep :). I've got another video for you to edit. You're the best!

He opened his Instagram and was welcomed with a blue checkmark next to his name. Or, he should say, FrozenGaming - his YouTube username. Apparently playing games is a good way to make money and cope with your parents divorce.

He first recorded with just a mic and some capture software for his original letsplay of GTA5. Once his channel took off, a sea of interested fans were begging for a face reveal, which he "complied" with. He used his camera to post a video of him with a "We Are Anonymous" mask - which was both amusing and annoying to the fans. This "We Are Anonymous" face cam stayed with him and became his trademark.

Doing this was nice so he could live his own life, but it also had its cons.

Damien recorded in secret and as his channel took off, he heard people in school and on the streets talking about his channel. He found people wearing his merch and occasionally joined the group to blend in. It was amusing to him, the most popular kids at school were fans of his channel. Damien refused to tell anyone of his identity except for his editor: Mari Takahashi.

Damien didn't realise how much time had passed in his thoughts until Courtney's horn repeatedly went off.

Authors Note:

I'd like to thank all of you for reading this first chapter of my story. Please put anything you want to comment below. 😌

-J