14: Bargaining

The four friends headed off to the only lesson all of them shared: Drama.  Damien had always liked Drama due to him being able to not be productive to work effectively. This was particularly enjoyable as he could just do something that was different and original. It was the place where Courtney, Olivia and Shayne could discover a different side to Damien.

The group arrived to find their teacher announcing a piece to be devised, but, to Damien's disappointment, it had to be a modern recreation from a Shakespearean play.

Olivia, deciding that death was the best thing to recreate, said "We could do the end of Romeo and Juliet."

Courtney agreed, almost instantly adding, "And Shayne and Damien could be Romeo and Juliet."

"Oh, I don't know about..."

"I'm down." Damien chuckled. "Wait, who'd be Romeo and who'd be Juliet?"

"Well, Shayne clearly would not top. So he's Juliet." Courtney said, causing Damien and Olivia to laugh

"Excuse me, but it's in my name that I'd top."

"I could fit you in my pocket. There's no way I'd be the one who's bottoming." Damien replied, causing Courtney and Olivia to break down.

After the pair did the scene, Shayne suggested that Courtney and Olivia tried the scene. The group, however, settled on Damien and Shayne doing it but due to Shayne's persistence to not be Juliet, they couldn't do another run and they defeatedly headed home

-----------------------------------------------------------

The week went by and the case of Jacob's homophobic idiocy was complete but one question still remains: why was Shayne so sad and was he trying to avoid Damien?

Damien was worried that Shayne was in trouble, or that he didn't want to be friends anymore. He had finished recording his latest video and was now left to his own devices. He needed to text Shayne.

Shayne🏳️‍🌈

Hey, are you okay?
I haven't really heard much from you :p

Damien waited for a hour without getting a response and he got increasing panicked.

Have I done anything wrong
If so, I'm sorry X

You haven't done anything wrong X
I'm just not really used to the whole having friends thing

Okay 🖤

Damien put his phone down before realising what he sent. He didn't love Shayne, did he? He thought. He went to delete the message but he already saw a reply.

If you want I can talk to you about it tomorrow. I need to open up to someone 😀.

Only if you feel comfortable doing it. :)

I do, GTG 💛

Cya.

Damien groaned, realising he had messed up. He was certain he wasn't gay but he definitely thought he loved Shayne. He decided that Google could be used.

Can I like guys without being gay?

When he searched this, the top result was a page called Wikihow. It seemed credible and so he opened it.

He scrolled through this and found a lot of words he didn't fully understand and proceeded to use Google for them.

Damien spent about 15 minutes debating between whether he liked Shayne but found something that explained how he felt about Shayne.

Damien was pansexual and Damien liked Shayne.

Authors Note
Ugh. This was a really bad chapter imo so I'm sorry. (More so than the typical "iM BaD At WrITinG")
But on the plus side, we have a not straight Damien.
Will Damien tell Shayne how he feels?
Does Shayne ask Damien out first?
Will they just be awkward gays?

Thank you for enduring this shitty excuse of a chapter.