10: Hope He Doesn't See Right Through Me

The two friends entered the house and Shayne noticed the complete disarray among the house. Damien lead him to the living room and Shayne sat on the sofa.

"Do you want to pick a movie while I put a pizza on?" Damien asked. Shayne nodded and grabbed the TV remote, scrolling through the movies until he found the Disney section.

"Hey Dames!" Shayne yelled.

"Coming!" Damien answered, quickly rushing to where Shayne was.

"Do you want to watch Mulan or Tangled?" Shayne asked.

"You can't do this to me. You can't give me two iconic movies and make me choose."

"But I did. And now choose!" Shayne yelled, jumping on Damien to tickle him.

"F... f... Fine. Mulan." Damien stumbled defeatedly.

"Good choice. Do you want to wait for the pizza or start watching it now?"

"Now, because the pizza will be a while and we might be able to fit Tangled in after." Damien clicked play on the movie and the two of them watched.

After a while, Damien had to grab the pizza and returned with the pizza and some Doritos and Oreos for them to share.

"You know you didn't need to buy this much for when we hang out." Shayne commented, surprised by the sheer amount of food for the two of them to split.

"It's just some things that I found in the cupboards. It's my treat don't worry." Damien said. Shayne and Damien grabbed a slice of pizza and continued to watch the movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS TO DEFEAT THE HUNS." The TV blared

"HYUN-YAH!" Shayne yelled, shuffling in his seat.

"Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?" Damien sung in sync with the tv.

"YOURE THE SADDEST BUNCH I EVER MET BUT YOU CAN BET BEFORE WE'RE THROUGH"

"Mister, I'll make a man out of you" the two sung together

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm never gonna catch my breath." Shayne sung.

"Say goodbye to those who knew me. Boy, was I fool in school for cutting gym." Damien sung. Shayne paused the movie.

"Okay, so, since when could you sing so well?" Shayne asked shocked.

"Uhm, I don't know. Now can we play the film because I don't want the best scene in the whole of Disney's discography to be ruined." Damien said, moving the remote to his other side and pressing play.

"THIS GUY'S GOT 'EM SCARED TO DEATH"

"Hope he doesn't see right through me." Damien returned to singing along.

"NOW I REALLY WISH THAT I KNEW HOW TO SWIM."

"Be a man" Shayne sung slightly off-key.

"We must be swift as the coursing river"

"Be a man"

"WITH ALL THE FORCE OF A GREAT TYPHOON"

"Be a man"

"WITH ALL THE STRENGTH OF A RAGING FIRE"

"Mysterious as the dark side of the mooooooooooooon." Damien and Shayne sung. Shayne reached over to pause the film again.

"You know, you're kinda cute when you sing." Shayne said, instantly regretting it.

"And you're cute when you don't pause the movie, now can you please stop pausing it." Damien said.

"Oh sorry." Shayne replied, blushing. " I need to go to the toilet, I'll be right back."

Shayne rushed to the toilet, locking the door and pulled out his phone.

Courtney

Help
Please
Oh shit

What's wrong what happened

I messed up

What did you do

I said he was cute when he was singing

What did he say

He said I was cute when I didn't pause the movie. Now I'm having a gay panic

OMG
He's gay
I knew it
I'm always right
How is this you messing up?

Because I don't know if he likes me
And don't tell me to ask him

Then I can't help you <3

Shayne put the phone away and left to go back to watch Mulan, no longer hearing Damien singing. He sat down at the opposite end of the sofa to maximise the distance between him and Damien. Fortunately for Damien, Shayne didn't notice when he shuffled closer to him. Shayne only noticed when Damien was next to him when he felt an arm wrap around him. Nervous at first, Shayne jumped and turned, only to see Damien smiling slightly at him. He sank into Damien's embrace and finally felt comfortable while watching Mulan. He gently drifted off to sleep when Damien put Tangled on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien watched as Shayne started to fall asleep and gently laid him down on the sofa and turned off the TV. He slowly headed upstairs and grabbed a few blankets and a pillow to ensure Shayne was comfortable and went back downstairs. Damien laid the blankets over Shayne and laid down on the opposite end of the sofa before heading off to sleep.

Authors Note

This concludes Chapter 10 of Behind A Mask, and oh boy has this turned out to be spicy. I want to express my appreciation for all of you who are reading my mediocre writing and i cant thank you enough for all your support.

I am writing this on my laptop so the texting system may be slightly off for you guys due to me being unable to press the send text to right and it work when published :p

Does Damien like Shayne?

Did Shayne fuck up?

Who would top?

Answers to some of these questions will follow in later chapters in my average at best Behind A Mask - A Shaymien Story

-J

Authors Note 2

The texting scene has been fixed (as of 11:26 UK time)