Chapter Twenty Three

What about us by P!nk. It's best for this chapter.

Yuki
Los Angeles was warmer than Japan but it wasn't bad.

It was as busy as I remembered the States to be except when I lived here, I stayed in Oregon.

We've been here for almost two weeks and everything was slow.

I was looking for a job, Takato started school and Kirito was well Kirito. Being Nomadic but making sure to come home before dinner and only God knows where he was going because he always went to bed early.

Takato hated here and the other foreign kids because they asked him a lot of questions about Japan that he snapped at one of the kids.

He couldn't reach his father and he was saddened about it but he still kept a cheery face for my sake.

I was so happy to be blessed with such a wonderful boy.

"Mama!" Takato shouted in joy, running into my arms as I hugged him.

I patted his head and he giggled before he waved his hands at girl who called his name and climbed into the car.

I entered the car and the driver took off. Takato was smiling brightly making me smile.

"Who is she?" I asked and Takato then blushed a little.

"She's my new friend. Her name is Mickey and she speaks Japanese too. Her mommy is a Japanese while her big mama is an American. I showed her a picture of Kairi and she said my Kairi is very cute. She's in my class and a beta." He explained and I smiled as he told me a lot about his new friend.

"What about papa?" He asked with his eyes hopeful that his father called. I shook my head sadly making him to sigh and lean on the car door.

"How about you and I get ice-cream? We'll buy your favorite flavor, bubblegum with gummy bears." I said placing a smile on his face.

"But you can't buy me forever." I laughed at his joke then agreed with him on his decision.

"We're home." I said as I walked in with Takato who was digging into his ice-cream.

"Hello angel. Any luck?" Kirito asked referring to the job hunt and I shook my head.

"Not quite but then there's this café that wanted a baker no matter their gender but the interview is next week." He nodded and Takato walked up to him, lifted a spoon towards Kirito.

Kirito bent down and opened his mouth before Takato fed him a few spoons.

Nights of sleeping on the same bed made Takato to accept him as family just not as someone who wants to be lover my lover.

"Oh yeah, Yuki I almost forgot, I need you to go pick a package for me." I stared at Kirito with my mouth slightly opened before I closed it and nodded.

"Here's the address and don't come back until you receive the package." He added then cleaned his ice-cream stained mouth and carried Takato. "I'll take care of the little menace here."

"Okay. Have fun...I guess." I was about to walk out from their presence when Kirito called my name.

"If you are ever to be put in a position where you have to take off that ring I gave you...promise me that you'll take it off by your choice without a second too late. If you come back wearing that ring, I'll take it that you've given me your answer."

I was confused by what he said but when I wanted to ask him, he changed course and ran away.

I sighed at how hopeless and childish he looked with Takato in his hand before I walked out the door, taking the first taxi I came across on the street.