Chapter Thirty Eight

Haru
Last night was the first time I've ever felt so much fear.

Takato and I were trying to cheer up my father when my phone started ringing.

It was a private number but I answered it.

It was the voice of a panicked woman who said that a Yuki told her to call me and to bring help to the south docks because his life was in danger.

He left them alone and ran in hopes to buying time and they were scared as she and the people in the background cried.

I didn't waste a second to get the rescue team to the port before we headed to the field after a lot of conviction on why I should be on the field.

It was like I could feel Yuki as I separated from the team and found him struggling with someone.

He was terrified, much more terrified than how he looked in the video that revealed my sins to me.

I didn't waste time before I aimed my gun at my target and left a gaping hole on his head.

He fell down and the moment Yuki saw me, he broke down hysterically.

I hugged him as I whispered soft words to him but he couldn't stop crying.

My eyes trailed down to his clothes and I saw he was bleeding so much.

I carried him in my hands as I ran towards the awaiting ambulance who immediately handled Yuki.

He was having a miscarriage and they were doing everything they could to save him as I focused on comforting him.

I sat in the lobby, waiting for when the doctors would come out from the emergency room.

I was so scared because the eyes Yuki gave me were scary.

He knew something was wrong and he was afraid but he was clinging onto me for hope; hope that I would protect him.

It didn't take long, my dad, Rin, Kirito, in-laws and Akio came inside the hospital.

"How is he?" Dad asked as I shook my head.

"Still waiting." I said as Rin sat by my side and held my hand in comfort.

The door opened and the doctor stepped out with a relieved look on his face. He walked up to me as all of us stood up.

"His safe, he just needs to stay for recovery."

"And the baby?" I asked, wincing at how my voice trembled.

"Safe. That baby is a strong, lucky one. As strong as her mom."

"It's a girl?" I asked and the doctor nodded.

Everyone sighed in relief before Rin and Hinata started to cry.

"Can we see him?" Hinata asked as she tried to get her emotions under control.

"Yes but he won't wake up in awhile. He'll have to stay in the hospital so we can observe him but one person can stay for the night and the rest get things he'll probably need." The doctor said before he bowed and then continued on his way.

The first three to enter the room was I and the twin siblings.

I sat by Yuki as I held his cold hands before properly covering him with blanket.

It was a private room and the best one at that so the equipment were topnotch.

"You are so strong. Rushing into danger like some hero even if you were scared but you're also an idiot. I promise you when we go home, I'll never let you out of my sight, I'll never lose you again." I said as I cried while kissing our joined hands over and over again.