Unbelievable

DANIEL POV

We drove back home after sunset tired, but full of unspoken words. Once we pulled up into the driveway, I got out of the car and opened y/n's door. We carried all the stuff inside and are welcomed by Christian and Ethan. They're both sitting at the kitchen island, but I know that's not all. I can feel their stares, and I think I might know what they're thinking too. An uncomfortable silence sits between us all.

"Um, I think I'm gonna hop in the shower." Y/n says as she speed-walks into her room. I watch her leave my side with my lyrics tight in her hand. Christian and Ethan exchange looks to each other, switching back and forth from me to them. They begin to make stupid faces and hand movements, laughing in their own weird way.

"What?" I say, staring blankly at them.

"Your fly's open Romeo." Christian says, he then sips his water loudly for all to hear. My face reddens as I fix my pants, I roll my eyes at Thing 1 and Thing 2.

"Shut up, nothing happened." I say, sitting next to them.

"If you say so Romeo." Ethan mumbles as he walks into his room. My eyes widen at his disbelief in me. Christian looks at me with his hands up, defensively.

"I'm on no side." He says as he gets started on dinner.

"Wow, thanks. Some brother." I say as I pull out my phone and scroll through Instagram.

"Well why would I need to pick sides if nothing happened? Hmmm?" He says, widening his eyes and raising a brow. I roll my eyes and continue on my feed.

"Whatever. Why is my name suddenly Romeo?" Christian continues his search for ingredients as he 'listens' to me.

"You have school musical auditions coming up, hence the name Romeo."

"Okay, but the play isn't Romeo and Juliet." He looks up from the sink, a mix between surprised and disappointed.

"It's not?! The one year I have a reason to watch the musical it's not Romeo and Juliet?" I laugh at his sadness.

"Dude, I don't know why you're upset. It's just a play." He dries his hands in my face, water going everywhere.

"Yeah, I know but I could've helped you with your lines. 'But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.'" He says in a dramatic voice, I laugh at his seriousness.

"You're so annoying." I say, but he doesn't stop.

"'See how she leans her cheek upon her hand. O, that I were a glove upon that hand, hat I might touch that cheek!'" He's now standing on chair, one leg on the chair and one on the island. He finishes off with dramatic hand motions. I can't believe I'm related to him sometimes.

"You're crazy." I say, leaving him in his one man show.

"Annnddd scene." He says, closing off, alone, in the kitchen. I really hope someone got that on video.

I'm walking to the bathroom when I pass by Y/n's room. She's on her bed, her laptop on her lap. I let myself in and sit next to her.

"Hey stranger." She says, turning my direction. I give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Stranger? I don't know about you, but I don't kiss strangers." She rolls her eyes as she goes back to her laptop. I put my head on her shoulder as she continues to type. "So, what are we watching tonight?"