Claude x Shy!Reader [Love Letters from a Bean]

Requested by Trystan_Lunastar! Also, I'm sorry, because I said this would take a while but I had a really good idea and wrote the chapter because I didn't want to forget. 

> > > > > 

Y/n's P.O.V.

I sighed as I gripped the pink envelope. You can always trust Hilda to have something bright pink, I thought as I bent down and slid the envelope under the door. Please read it, Claude, I prayed, running away after seeing his messy, brown hair down the hall. 

I ran all the way to my dormitory where I plopped down on my bed and gripped the covers. "Why can't I just tell him out loud?" I ask myself quietly. 

a few minutes later, there's a knock on my door, and I immediately perk up, thinking it might be Claude.

"Y/n? Are you in there?" A voice asks, and my shoulders slump after recognizing it wasn't Claude.

"Yeah," I reply, "Come in."

The door opens, and in front of me is Hilda, holding another empty envelope. "Claude asked if your letter was from me since he remembered I had the pink envelopes."

"Did you tell him it was from me?" I ask anxiously. 

"No."

"Why not?"

"I just thought," She says, her voice slightly sing-songy, "That it would be better if you told him yourself!"

"But you know I can't-"

"Which is why I brought this!" She says, cutting me off and shoving the envelope in my hands. 

"Hilda, you don't have to waste these envelopes to help me, you know. You could use them to write to your brother instead!" I deny, trying to give her gift back. 

"Y/n, keep it," She says in an almost warning tone. "You need it more than I do."

"Are you sure?" I ask, and she nods in response.

"I'll leave you alone so you can think of something meaningful and poetic."

"But I-" I start, but she's already left, the door closed shut. 

I sighed, placing the letter on my desktop. I grabbed a chair and a quill and sat down, and then started writing whatever came to mind.

Dear Claude,

I hope this letter actually reaches you, and that you actually read it. I haven't enough courage to say this out loud so I'll say it in a letter. Cliché, I know. At least I have the courage to say it anyway. I love you so much I can't even describe. I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶

I run my fingers through my hair. "I already said that," I whispered, beginning to doubt how the letter would turn out. 

If you want to know who's sending these letters, meet me in the hall by the classrooms. 

Dear Claude,

I hope this letter actually reaches you, and that you actually read it. I haven't enough courage to say this out loud so I'll say it in a letter. Cliché, I know. At least I have the courage to say it anyway. I love you so much I can't even describe. I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶
If you want to know who's sending these letters, meet me in the hall by the classrooms. 

-A shy bean

"Oh lord, I hope he doesn't think that sounds creepy," I remark, stuffing the paper parchment into the second pink envelope. 

I gather my thoughts and drag myself up the stairs to the second-floor dormitories and slide the letter under his door once again, getting an uncomfortable sense of déjà vu. I take a few deep breaths and walk away, heading for the classrooms I requested to meet at. 

Upon reaching the stone hallway, I began to feel incredibly nervous. I fiddled with my fingers as I thought anxiously. What if he doesn't show up? Should I say something if he does? What if he doesn't love me back? Maybe I should just leave, and I wouldn't have to worry about it! But that's not right- No, screw it, I'm way too nervous and insecure to do this!

I start to run away from the hall when I'm met with another body, bumping right into them, sending me tumbling to the floor. I rub my forehead and apologize to the person. "I'm so sorry, I was just about to leave I-" I look up at them and feel instantly worse. "Claude! I- I'm so sorry!"

"Hey, don't sweat it, it's okay Y/n," He says, trying to calm my rambling apologies. 

When I take a better look at him, his face is a little red, and he's clutching my letter in his hand. His usual grin is plastered on his face as he reaches out his hand to help me back up. 

He looks around. "Hey... Are you the one who gave me these letters?"

"W- What?! N- No!"

"Ah, I see. Then you must just be coincidently in the said meeting spot and the only other one here."

My face flushes bright red. "Yeah, I- I did give you those letters," I mumble. 

"Y/n, that's really sweet of you, and I just want to say-"

"No, it's f- fine, you don't even need to say it," I say hurriedly, cutting off his sentence. 

"Y/n, that's not-"

"I'm sorry if this was awkward, I just wanted to say I love you," I explain, but attention drags away as I realize someone else's voice accompanied mine in saying "I love you".

"Claude, you..?"

He smiles gently at me. "Yeah," He says, "I do."

My jaw hangs open in disbelief as he wraps his arms around me to embrace me. My eyes tear up, and I hug him back. He kisses the top of my head, burying his face in my hair. 

"You're so adorable, Y/n."

"A- Am not!" I shout, flustered.

"Don't even deny it." Claude takes his hand and places them on my shoulders, looking me in the eyes. His hands then move to cup my face, pressing his lips gently on top of mine.

The kiss is short and sweet, and I already feel my face heating up from the contact. He grins at me again. "You're such a cute little bean."

> > > > >

Writing this just made my heart uwu and owo.

Don't have much to say except: Skipped lunch, me hungy