Chapter 11

Surprise update! Managed to sneak one in before finals start. 

Quick note:

I have outlined the rest of this story and it's looking like it will be around 27 parts, maybe longer! Also to those of you who may freak out thinking you missed a chapter- you didn't. I just renumbered the chapters and included Ryan's POV as a chapter, rather than a bonus. Sorry for the long silence- Finals are over! I'd like to hope this story will eventually become more popular than my other werewolf story, but who knows....

Enjoy!

Picture of Clayton Bradley on the side

_____________________________________________________________________________I was relaxing on the three hour flight. I always liked planes, and though this flight was short it was still a lot of fun. I liked the feeling of being in an airplane. I was currently listening to music on my iPod and thinking about Ryan.

"Holly, be safe okay? Maybe you should have some self defense lessons when you get back. I'm a black belt after all..." He was worrying unnecessarily. 

"Hold your horses. Calm down. It's three days. I'm sure I'll be alright." I promised. He sighed and rubbed his face, his usual sign of nerves and stress. 

"I told some local LA wolves to watch out for you, so don't feel weird if there are some wolves around. One of my favorite Gammas is in charge of that area." He told me. Ryan and his dad couldn't be everywhere at once, so they split up some of the areas for some Gammas to handle under their jurisdiction. 

"Yeah yeah. Got it." I nonchalantly began to stride toward airport security.

"Not so fast." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into a hug. 

"I love you." He kissed my cheek, and I froze. He hadn't ever said that before. He shoved me off.

"Go before you're late!" I obeyed.

I don't think I quite loved Ryan yet, but I certainly liked him a lot. He had been so careful recently, making sure he didn't make me uncomfortable. I think he was afraid that he would scare me off. But maybe, just maybe, deep down in my heart, I didn't want him to be so careful. I wanted him to fight for me. To fight with the memories of Mercer still in my heart. I took a deep breath and tried to relax. 

"You're a werewolf." I told a man with striking dark brown hair and eyes. He smirked at me. 

My eyes shot open. Every time I had a daydream, they were a lot shorter than the visions I normally had. I shrugged it off. Ryan had warned me there would be some wolves around. I pulled out the papers that had been faxed to me and looked them over one last time. Clayton Bradley. The name of the musician I would be working with. I had heard of him before, a genius composer who, despite having just barely graduated, was highly sought after. I hoped I could learn a lot from him. 

When I got off the plane, I found a limo driver holding a sign with my name. I smiled and approached him.

"I'm Holly Vennin. Nice to meet you!" He smiled and nodded back.

"Please follow me, Miss Vennin." LAX was huge, and took a while to get out of. I tailed him out to the luxury vehicle, and he politely took my carry-on suitcase and put it in the trunk.

"It'll take about fifteen minutes to get to the studio." He informed me as we pulled out of the parking lot. 

"Thank you." I told him. My excitement was getting the best of me. I couldn't believe this was real! Fifteen minutes later we were pulling through a gate. The driver flashed his ID and the security guard let the car through. He pulled up to a curb  and jumped out to let me out of the car.