Chapter 22

Picture of Laura

Preview of my new book I'm releasing soon called Maddox at the end of this chapter. I'll be releasing two books as soon as I'm done with this one, and my "Small Town Player" novel is now going to be put on hold currently.

The first story I'll be releasing is Maddox (preview at the end). 

As soon as this one is over, I'll be releasing the spin off of this story called Grey.

If you like this story, check out my other stories- I have another werewolf one, not one I'm very proud of, but it's still a werewolf one I guess.

________________________________________

I popped the popcorn into the microwave, anticipating that Laura would be arriving to the pack house soon. 

"Jace, can you get some bowls out?" I asked kindly. He gave me a big toothy grin. Ah nine year olds. He acted like it was the best thing in the world to get the bowls out.

"How many do you want Holly?" He called from across the room.

"Well, it'll be you, me, Ben, Finn, Laura, Ashton, Kylie, and Ryan. How many bowls do you think we will need for that many people?" I asked his opinion.

"Um, werewolves eat a lot. So we will use the big bowls." He decided firmly. I turned around to see him staring at the cupboard with determination. How cute. 

"We have five bowls. Is that enough?"

"Perfect Jace." He brought the bowls to me. I looked at the popcorn in the microwave, which suddenly seemed a bit pathetic. It would take me years to pop enough to fill these bowls.

"Do you have an air popper?" I asked Jace. His face scrunched in confusion.

"A machine that makes popcorn." I clarified. He nodded and ran to the pantry.

"I'm too short. It's the very top." He told me. I was too short too, and no stool was in sight. How did Mara do it? She was shorter than me. Maybe she used her waterbending to grab stuff? 

"Got it." Ryan called from behind me, startling me. He reached over me and grabbed the popcorn machine. 

"Thank you." I got on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek to show my gratitude, purposely avoiding his lips to tease him. 

"You tease." He frowned. I smirked at him. 

"Let's get popping!" I told Jace. He jumped up and down a bit, then ran to the pantry to grab the unpopped kernels. 

We put a big bowl under the machine and let it do it's magic, just as the microwave finished. I emptied it into the bowl under the popper. It barely filled a third of the bowl. I sighed and shoved another one into the microwave. 

"Now we have to be patient." I told Jace. He let out a big breath.

"The hard part." He agreed. I grinned at him and then felt Ryan's arms go around my waist.

"I can't wait to see you with our own kids. I already know you're going to be a fantastic mom." He whispered in my ear. Jace covered his eyes.

"Eww! PDA!" Both Ryan and my own eyebrows shot up.

"Where did you learn that word buddy?" Ryan asked him. Jace shrugged.

"From Finn. I heard him say it when he was talking about people hugging or kissing." This nine year old knew the weirdest terms. 

A knock on the door let me know someone was here.

"I'll get it." I volunteered, pulling out of Ryan's arms. He growled lowly, but I ignored it.