Chapter 23

Picture of Vance

"I can't believe you didn't kill him dad! You had the chance, why didn't you kill him!" Ryan roared. I felt uncomfortable. We were in a conference room, where Clay, Ashton, Brady, and Mara were currently gathered.

"Ryan calm down." I told him. I didn't like that he was yelling at his dad.

"No Holly, I won't calm down! You're in danger because my dad left him alive!" His eyes were black, something I had only seen a few times.

"It's BECAUSE of your dad that I'm alive Ryan! He if hadn't come back to get me medical attention, who knows, I could have died!" I argued.

"Ryan, I didn't kill him because he ran off and I knew that I would risk putting Holly's life in more danger if I left her sitting there bleeding in the forest." Brady glanced at both of us guiltily.

"I understand why you did what you did Dad, and I'm grateful you saved my mate, but you should have dont something. Sent some of the warriors after him! Anything!" Ryan hissed.

"No one was near me for miles. I alerted the guards to stay on alert, but they never caught his scent. I don't know where he went."

Ryan pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to calm down. I put my hand on his arm, hoping to help him. I felt him physically calming down under my hand.

"Sorry we're late, what's this about?" Emilsa and Vince appeared out of no where and took some empty seats.

"Holly had a vision of the rogue who is after her. He's the one who bit her years ago. He looks like you, Vince." Ryan was still pinching the bridge of his nose, and his eyes were closed. Vince and Ilsa shared a look.

"He is my twin brother." Vince stated with no emotion.

Everyone just stared at him.

"When we were younger my dad figured since I was born four minutes before Vance, that I should be Alpha. He offered Vance the Beta position, but Vance declined. He left Canada, obviously angry. He's come visit from time to time, especially when I found Ilsa nine years ago. He stayed longer when Ilsa was around. At the end of one of his stays, he admitted to Ilsa that he was in love with her." Vince's expression grew serious and Ilsa squeezed his hand.

"I of course rejected him." Ilsa picked up the story.

"I told him I had a mate. He kept insisting that he and Vince were twins- there wasn't much of a difference. But of course there is a difference! The same night he confessed to me was the same night that Vince and I mated. Vance was livid. He swore he would have me no matter what." Her face contorted with pain.

"Then he found out about Ilsa's Luna power, and he knew he could never have her. That's when he turned violent. He even killed his own mate in the process, minutes after he found her. That's when he lost all humanity." Vince continued. I could tell they were picking up on the parts that were hardest for each other to talk about.

"Then he found out I had a sister. She looked a lot like me, you know. He knew she had found her mate, but hadn't mated yet. He went after her." Tears began to stream down Ilsa's face.

"And he killed her. He realized she wasn't like Ilsa at all, and a poor substitute. So he decided to kill her so Ilsa would feel the pain he had felt when she rejected him. At least, that's what he wrote in the letter he left us." Clay murmured. I was surprised to hear him jump into the story.

"He found out about Holly, somehow, and saw that she looks even more like Ilsa than Emma did. Maybe she reminded him of Ilsa when he met her as a kid, though he met Ilsa after he met Holly, and he remembered." Vince suggested. Everyone was quiet.