Chapter 14

Picture: Another picture of Ryan

I watched Ryan tear off in front of me, running toward the forest near my Uncle's house. I ran after him, only in my mint green bikini, ignoring the stares of the neighbors. The hot July sun hit my back and the sidewalk burnt my feet. As soon as I got to the forest, I knew it would be hard to find him. I heard a howl directly north of me, and began to speed up. I needed to find him. He was in so much pain. I was in pain. We were both in pain.

I followed the periodic howl's, until I couldn't hear them anymore. My long brown hair was extremely tangled now, and I noticed dirt covered my exposed legs.

Despite trying to find him, I found myself getting lost. I was in the middle of the forest and no longer knew which direction was north. I began to panic and had to face the truth. I was lost. And that was how I ended up lost wearing only a bikini in the middle of a dark, cold forest. I cursed. What should I do? The only sounds I could hear were the sounds of small birds above me, and the occasional rustle of a woodland creature. I began to feel hopeless. Not only did I not find Ryan, but now I was also lost. I sat down next to a tree trunk and leaned my head back, closing my eyes. I sat there for a long time, eyes completely closed.

I was sitting in a grove filled with wild flowers, and the moon was out. A large black wolf slunk out from behind the trees...

I immediately stood up. I knew I couldn't stay here- I had to find the grove. I stretched and took off again, fast-walking. I stumbled through the forest, scraping my feet on twigs and rocks. I knew that if I just kept wandering, I would find it. After twenty minutes, I reached the clearing I had seen. The moon wasn't quite where I had seen it in my vision, so I sat down in the grass and waited. I closed my eyes and listened to the forest.

"Ryan, please find me." I whispered, and then opened my eyes. I noise near a large tree caught my attention. A few seconds later, a large black wolf slunk out from behind it. The wolf's eyes matched Ryan's perfectly.

"Ryan." I whispered. The wolf kept his pace and headed toward me, halting a few feet in front of me. He looked like he had calmed down. I looked him over. His paws were the size of my face, and I knew they could do some serious damage. His ears were down slightly, and I could tell it was because he was still somewhat upset. I instinctively reached my hand out to stroke his fur on the side of his head. His ears flicked as I touched him.

"You're absolutely stunning." I breathed, learning closer to him. His warm fur felt good against my cold, exposed body. He must have sensed that I was cold, because he layed down so I could rest against him.

"You know, I never once thought that Chris would ever do something like that." Ryan let out a low warning growl, which I chose to ignore.

"We've been brother and sister since I was ten. I only ever thought of him as a brother. He's always been a brother. I didn't know he felt that way. I didn't know he was so selfish."

Ryan stayed silent. I knew he couldn't talk, but he didn't make any noises either. He must be thinking.

"He told me that I had no choice because of you. Because of the mate bond."

Ryan whined, probably not wanting to relive what he had seen and heard. I took a moment to gather my thoughts, and I sensed that the silence was killing Ryan. He wanted to know my thoughts.

"But he's wrong. Mates are made for each other. Choice doesn't even matter. There will never be anymore more perfect for me than you. If I was given the chance to choose, I would choose you a hundred times over." I shifted my body onto my side so I could see his face. I couldn't read his expression, but I knew he felt happy- the happiest I had ever felt him feel. He licked my face.