Chapter 17

Happy Christmas [Eve]!
Picture of Ashton (Beta).

"I really do have to go to Canada next week." I argued, riffling through my closet. I had to find something good to wear to the dinner tonight.

"If you're going, I need to go too." Ryan replied simply.

"That's true, I don't want either of us to be in pain. But I also don't want to take you away from your work." Ryan rolled his eyes.

"My primary focus is you. Then being Alpha, then my job. This kind of counts as being Alpha anyway. We would be staying with Vincent, the Canadian Alpha. He and I have a thing or two to talk about anyway."

"I get to meet another Alpha?" I chirped. I was excited to meet another one, to get to know more about the werewolf community.

"And his Luna." For some reason, he sounded a little protective.

"Hey, calm down. I'm your Luna." I turned around, looking to him sitting in my corner chair. A small smile played at his lips.

"I love hearing you say that."

"Well good. Cause it's true." I stuck out my tongue before turning back to my closet. The black dress that I wore to my dinner date with Ryan a while ago was the only thing that came to mind. I found the dress, but noticed a nice dark red dress placed next to it. It was short, sleeveless, and had a square neck line. Patterns of roses ran down the dress, and lace fringed the bottom. I forgot I bought this a couple of years ago.

"We could leave tomorrow. When's your meeting?"

"Monday and Tuesday." I took the dress off the hanger.

"Four days in Canada- that'll be perfect." I threw the dress over my shoulder.

"Saturday through Tuesday?" I confirmed.

"Yup."

We'll head up tomorrow and leave after the meeting on Tuesday. I mindlinked Clay.

You got it baby. I look forward to it. I could almost hear his smirk. I grimaced.

"I told Clay. He's good with it." Ryan frowned in response.

"I already talked to Vincent. You know, I really don't like that you can mindlink Clay."

"Yeah yeah. It can be useful sometimes." I made my way to the bathroom.

"I'm getting dressed." I closed the door and quickly put on my dress. I appraised myself in the mirror. This was definitely a good choice of dress. Nice and classy.

Nope. Come on. Please change. There will be a lot of guys there tonight. Ryan begged. I chuckled.

You know how this works. NO I WILL NOT CHANGE. I already told you that.

Fine. I knew he was pouting. I decided to play it up, in sheer resistance to Ryan.

"I'll be out in a bit, just going to fix my makeup." I called. I went overboard with my makeup, much more fancy than I would usually do. I created a smoky eye look and added some blush and lipstick. Perfect.

"We gotta get going." Ryan was staring at his phone, and I took the opportunity to go to my desk and grab some jewelry. I grabbed some pearls I inherited from my grandma, matched with some pearl earrings. My heels waited for me at the foot of my desk. I grabbed the bag hanging over my chair.

"Ready, let's go!" I smiled brightly as he looked up. He literally gasped, which made me feel smug. I know he felt it.

"I'm definitely going to have to keep you all to myself tonight." He voice was husky. I knew my heartbeat was quickening, but I tried to cover it up by cocking an eyebrow.