Return ~ Mark

You remember the day they left, you lost a good friend that day as they left to board their flight to Canada. You were 13 and were baby sitting Mark, who was 8 at the time. He was the sweetest boy ever, and you always looked forward to 'baby sit' him.

He would always snuggle up to you and tell you how he want to marry you when he grows up. He really admired you.

His parents hired you every now and then to look after him when they were away for business, but one trip they all had to leave, including Mark.

You were both upset when you found out, he was like a brother to you, but you meant more to him than you thought.

The memories of you lingered in his heart throughout the years as he missed you. Memories of you staying over for the night as he tried to help you took dinner, the endless pillow fights and the late night movies when you were two were meant to be asleep. Deep down, you missed Mark.

Even though he was younger than you, you still felt connected, I guess you could say like a sibling bond... but we both know it was more.

Years passed by, your memories of each other began to fade slowly as you were in Korea, and he was in Canada. Eventually, it was the 10 year mark from when they left. You remember that day, locked in a burning vault in the back of your brain.

"Y/n, honey," your mother called out, barging into your room, you look up form your phone to meet her gaze, "Do you remember the Lee's?" She asked.

I looked up at her with open eyes. "You mean... Mark..Lee?" She nods in response. You sit up on the edge of my bed, curious as to why she is asking me this. How could I forget...

"Well, they have come back to Korea and we are going to meet up with them. Do you want to come?"

"Of course!" You say as you get up and give her a big hug feeling more than a bit excited.

"Well, you may want to get ready, sorry it was such short notice but we are heading out to meet up with them tonight." She says.

Your eyes glistened with excitement as she slipped out of the room. You went to your wardrobe to pick out a simple outfit, excited to see how he has changed.

I wonder if he's still the sweet young boy I knew all those years ago...

While you were getting ready, memories of him were coming back to you. You smiled trying to think what he thinks about all of this, you wonder if he even remembers you...

"Y/n? You ready to go?" Your father calls out from down stairs.

"Yes! I'm coming!" You hurry down the steps and excitedly walk through the door, getting into the car.

They drive off to a familiar restaurant and you make your way inside, sitting down. You fiddle with the cutlery in front of you, thoughts running throughout your head. You sit there for a while before your mother stands up, your father following along.

You raise your head to see who they're bowing to, it's Marks parents, Mr and Mrs Lee. Your focus shifts behind them as a tall man locks eyes with you, smiling gently while stroking the back of his neck nervously.

Oh my god... he has grown up so much... he is so... big and... your thoughts are cut off as you turn to his parents and bow towards them.

Mark takes a seat beside you and gives you an awkward side smile, you could tell he was nervous.

"What's up...?" He asks quietly, now looking in your eyes.

You smile at how much he has grown, he is now way taller than you...

You two eventually make some conversation, discussing what you have been up to for these years. You can't help but feel a weird feeling in your stomach, little do you know he feels the same way.

Your families are all chatting and sharing food around, all having a great time. You and Mark seem to rid the awkward tension that was there at the start, and you talk just like you used to... you were both so happy to be back together, finally talking after all these years without each other.

Your attention snaps up at your mum who is discussing with them,

"You guys can stay at our house for tonight, save you wasting your money at a hotel. I'm guessing you won't be able to set up all your belongings before bed time?"

"Oh, there's no need for that." His father replies kindly.

"No, no we insist." Your father says.

"Oh alright then, thank you. Is that okay with you two?" His mother's attention at you two.

"Uh, yeah, I don't mind." Mark says smiling
and rubbing the back of his neck again.

"Fine with me." You say smiling at them.

"Great, and thank you." His parents thank.

The night was long at the restaurant and you all had a great time catching up. You all made your way to your house, where they would be staying for the night. You pull up before they do, so you start to prepare the guest room for his parents.

"Y/n?" Your father says, grabbing your attention.

"Yes?"

"Since there is only one guest bed, you will either have to share a bed with Mark or sleep on the couch tonight. I trust you two as responsible adults." My eyes widen in realisation.

"O-oh ok.." you say nervously.

There was a knock on the door and the Lee's enter your home.

A couple hours passed and you and Mark were playing video games in your room, something you two used to do a lot. Downstairs your parents were getting drunk and talking their heads off.

"No!! Since when did you get so good at this?" Mark yells as you beat him in another round of the game. You two burst out in laughter.

"I want a rematch!" He yells.

"Okay but be prepared to get your ass whooped." you say sarcastically.

"Yes please.." he mumbles silently under his breath.

"I'm sorry what?" you say, knowing he said something but not knowing exactly what.

"Oh uh, nothing let's keep playing..."

A smile lights up your face as you come up with an idea. He looks at you nervously.

"W-what is it.." he says.

You raise your fingers twinkling them as you approach him, ready to tickle him. His eyes widen as he realises what is to come.

"No, no y/n-" he says, fumbling around on your bed to get away. You smile evilly as you start tickling him. He bursts out laughing, just like he used to when you would tickle him.

"Y-y/n aha, s-stop it." He says trying to talk between his laughter. "Okay you asked for it." He says, grabbing your shoulders and pinning you down on the bed, he was panting heavily from the attack.

He smiles as he notices you are trapped underneath him. You look up into his sparkling eyes, biting your lip gently.

"Is that promise still available..?" He asks innocently. I look up at him confused.

"What promise..?"

"Do you remember, when we were young and I used to say I wanted to marry you?"

You blush silently, remembering those days, surprised he remembers. He glances down to your lips, before crashing them down on yours.

A/N: Pretty trash story. I'll leave the rest to your imagination but if I get enough requests I could write more to it✝️
<33