Late Night Snack ~ Renjun

You have no idea why, but you suddenly awoke in the middle of the night with an intense craving for chocolate.

Your stomach purred with the thought of it, you were hungry. You couldn't remember the last time you had snacks, you seemed to always forget they were there, sitting at the back of the cupboard waiting to be eaten.

But now that you've remembered, having a couple couldn't hurt.

You shift your body, only to realise Renjun's arm was wrapped around your waist, tight.

Turning your face to the side, you catch a glimpse of his sleeping face, his hair messy and his face pressed against the pillow making him look more adorable than ever.

With one hand, you untuck his hand from between your side and the mattress, letting it fall limply in front of him.

Just when you thought you were free, his arm shoots out and pulls you into him, his body wriggling to adjust to you. His other arm wraps around, making it all more difficult.

But I really wanted those chocolate bars...

You weren't going to give up that easy on them, just because sleeping Renjun wouldn't let you go. You needed that chocolate.

Knowing you can't loosen his arms, you begin sliding down between his arms in hope you could slide out and make your escape.

But the movement just woke him up.

"Stay..."
He begins to whinge, pulling you back up and into his arms as he buried his head in your back. His voice was coated in sleepiness.

"I didn't mean to wake you."

"Where were you going? It's still night."
His voice was husky, his warm breath seeping through your T-shirt.

"I was just going to get some food... I was hungry."

"At this time?"
His lips barely press against your shoulder as he gives a few soft sleepy kisses.

"Yes."

His low laugh vibrates onto your back as you sit up, his arms never leaving you as he sits up too.

You manage to escape his arms, swinging your feet over the edge of the bed as Renjun rubs his eyes drowsily.

You continue to get a few steps away from the bed before a loud shuffle comes from behind you. Renjun steps behind you, pressing his stomach to your back and wrapping his arms around your waist, burying his face in your shoulder.

"I want to come too."
He mumbles.

It was hard for you not to coo at his adorableness, he was so clingy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

You two waddle awkwardly down the hallway, your hand feeling around for the light switch to the kitchen. He never lets go a single step of the way.

You wince as the lights turn on, your boyfriend groaning unhappily at the brightness.

"What food are you even getting y/n."
He questions, just wanting to go back into bed to snuggle.

"Uhh... chocolate..?"

He chuckles, finally releasing you of his deathly grip of love. Walking further into the kitchen he swings open a cupboard door, pulling out a big bag of chocolate bars.

"Are these good?"
He asks, blinking slowly, clearly still trying to adjust to the light.

You nod your head, those were exactly what you were craving. He steps closer.

He hands the packet to you, but before you could open it, without warning, he wraps his arms beneath your legs, hoisting you up and holding you like a baby, grinning proudly.

"What are you doing?"

"We're eating these in bed."
He smiles, rubbing his nose into your shoulder as you wrap your legs and arms around him for stability.

He turns off the light on the way out, slowly carrying you back to the bedroom. He shuts the door behind him as you climb off of him.

You turn on the bedside lamp, crawling beneath the warm blankets as you sit up. Not wasting any time, Renjun follows suit and gets in beside you, yet again wrapping his arms around your waist.

You rip open the packet as many small chocolate bars fall out onto the bed. Your stomach started rumbling, quickly making you embarrassed. Renjun chuckles as he puts a ear to your stomach.

"Is there a bear in there?"

"No Renjun, stoppp~"
You say, feeling embarrassed as your cheeks begin to heat up.

He replaces his ear with his warm hand as he sits back up.

The chocolates were all assorted, there were many different kinds all resting on top of the velvet blanket. You pick one up, a dark chocolate caramel. Your stomach began to grow more impatient so you swiftly tore the packaging off.

(A GOLDEN TICKET!! lol jkjk back to the story) -Author

As you were raising the delicious bar up, Renjun pushes his face forward in front of yours, snatching the bar between his teeth. It caught you off guard.

"Renjun!!"
You whine, him chuckling as he bites off half of the bar.

He smirks childishly, staring into your impatient and hungry eyes. His smile began to drop as he started to feel intimidated.

"Sorryy~"
He shifts away from your gaze, hiding his face into your chest.

You sigh, eating the rest of the chocolate bar which he ate majority of. Your tastebuds lit up, it was so good! You close your eyes and slump your shoulders, the taste of the delicious chocolate and caramel releasing nothing but happiness. You were in a trance, the chocolate soothing your cravings.

Renjun grabbed a chocolate bar from himself, instead of stealing yours again.

The two of you ate away at the chocolate until you were satisfied enough. Late night snacks weren't common, but for some reason everything tasted better at 1:00 in the morning.

You place the empty packaging and the rest of the chocolate bars on the bedside table. Not surprisingly, Renjun was still holding onto you like a sloth on a tree.

You switch off the lamp, the room engulfed by darkness. You slide deep beneath the covers, your turn to bury your face into Renjun's chest.

"Do you feel better now?"
He hums.

You nod in response, feeling content at last.

A/N: This whole chapter made me think of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, and now I'm hungry.

<33