Masquerade ~ Hendery

As the semester goes on you find yourself more and more focused in your studies. You barely have any time to yourself now days, all that's on your mind are your grades and staying on track for your university course.

You have become used to this repetitive cycle, going to class, studying, a little bit of sleep and repeat.

After one class one day you return to your dorm to find your friend and dorm mate, Rosè waiting for you excitedly.

You roll your eyes knowing she has a bad idea. You set your bag down and as you go to return to your room she grabs your wrist, turning you around to face her, her eyes glistening with excitement.

You sigh, "Yes Rosè?"

"Soooo I'm not sure if you've heard or not y/n, but there is going to be a masquerade ball hosted by two of the students here on Saturday. We've all been invited since we go to the save university. And I was wondering-"

"Absolutely not."

"But y/n please! You have to have some fun in your life."

"Rosè you know I don't do stuff like that. I have to do more study."

"Y/n, you already do way more study than you should! You need to get out and do something for once. We all need our breaks."

"Rosè..."

"You can't just keep studying every single day of your life for hours on end! You need to socialise and have some fun. It's not like you would be behind in your studies anyway! Please."

You take a deep sigh.
"I can't believe you..." you say, knowing you can't get out of it. Rosè excitedly claps her hands and jumps up and down.

"I'll have you know I will only stay there for an hour."

"I'm sure you'll change your mind once you're there." She winks. You roll your eyes and return to your room to study.

-time skip-

The next day, Friday, went pretty smoothly, you went to class and everything ran as per usual.

Everyone was whispering to each other about the masquerade, discussing what they are going to wear.

You'll probably just pick out a random dress from your closet.

On your way back to the dorm someone grabs your arm and pulls you to their car. You can't help but squeal at the sudden contact.

"You're coming with me, we're going dress shopping and there is to be no arguing!" Rosè bellows out.

Damn she knows how to be loud.

You sigh knowing there is no way around this as you get in her car. She drives enthusiastically to the most fashionable, expensive dress shop you have ever seen.

Money isn't a problem with either of you since you come from wealthy families but you can't help but groan as you stare at all the overly fashionable dresses.

Rosè enthusiastically runs around the shop, picking up every dress as her eyes shimmer with excitement.

"Y/n, I'm picking out your dress by the way."

"What! No!" You blurt out, knowing she's going to go over the top.

"We all know you will choose something boring, so that's why I'm choosing for you."

She was right, you were planning to just choose a small, basic dress. You sigh, you've already given up.

She's sees this and let's out an excited squeal.