Chapter 23- Where has the time gone?

Where has the time gone? My sweet, sassy little Addy is 15. Her best friend Leah is still by her side. She is definitely a girly girl. The twins are 12. Asher is into football and I'm constantly driving him from one practice to another. Avery is into sports as well. Soccer is her calling, I guess. She's the total opposite of Addy. Andrew has grown up to be a handsome 9 year old. Occasionally he'll fight with his sibilings and have an attitude. But other than that, he's very sweet and well behaved. We have a new addition to our family. Annabelle. She's 6 years old and reminds a lot of Addy when she was that age. Her nicknames are Annie and Belly, although she prefers Annie. Addison doesn't really keep in contact with her Dad and his family. Life's been pretty good so far and I can't wait for many more memories. I've said it before and I'll say it again; where has the time gone?

"Great soccer game today sissy!" Annie hugged Avery.

"Thanks Belly! Did you see the goal I scored Addy!?" Avery squealed. The kids climb into the car and buckle up.

"Yeah." Addy answers, not looking up from her phone.

"Addison Noelle, put that phone away for one second and talk to your sister. I don't think it would kill you." I said, looking at the back seat through the rear view mirror.

Addy rolled her eyes. "I'm dying on the inside." I gave her a look and she mumbled. " You did great Av."

The rest of the car ride was deciding whether to have mac and cheese or turkey sandwiches for the victory dinner. Avery's choice.

"Mom? Leah's coming over." Addy yelled from her room and I nodded. Those two were inseparable.

A couple of minutes later Leah showed up.

"Hey Leah. Addy is in her room."

"Okay, thanks." She answered and skipped to Addy's room.

"Mom!" Someone yelled from the kitchen. Uh-oh.

I burst in. "What happened?"

"Belly and Andy put my sock in the mac and cheese!" Avery complained, pointing towards a bubbly pot of cheesiness.

"Don't. Call. Me. Belly." Annie yelled and Avery put her hands in the air. Surrender.

"I left you guys alone for 5 minutes. 5 minutes." I motioned towards the glob of yellowish orangish mush. "What is this?"

Asher looked at me innocently. "We added extra cheese." The rest of my children, well except for too-cool-to-hang-out-with-my-fam Addison, nodded in agreement.

"That still doesn't explain the sock." I put my hands on my hips and looked at Annie.

"Oh well, about that. I wanted to smell her sock so I tried to grab it but she pulled it away. Than we were like in a sock tug of war! Than it just flung straight into the cheesy mac and cheese!" My 6 year old explained.

"Wait back up. Why were you trying to smell her sock?"

"Oh cuz-" She was interrupted by Ryan walking into the kitchen. "Daddy!" She ran up to him.

"Hey Belly uh what's that." He motioned towards the sizzingly pot.

"Mac and Cheese." Andy answered and I shrugged.

"It's been a long day." I put my head in my hands. "What are we going to have for dinner? We can't eat that!"

Ryan pulled me into a hug and the kids made gagging noises when he kissed me. Ryan smirked. "How does Subway sound?"

Before I could answer Addy and Leah ran into the kitchen. Together they said; "Did someone say Subway?"

A/N- Why do I love this chapter so much?
Do you guys like the new ages?
Lol
-Emily