Chapter 1

》Iseul's POV

》Iseul's POV

I wake up early, feeling drained, the heaviness of yesterday still lingering over my shoulders. I force myself out of bed, putting on my round glasses and walking to my closet to get an outfit for today.

When I open the closet I see my reflection on the mirror behind the closer's door. I turn to it and see the dark circles under my eyes, my messy hair and the lines on my cheeks from the pillow. I grumble and stretch deciding to ignore how horrible I look. I shuffle through my closet that is mostly composed of hoodies, sweaters, jeans, graphic t-shirts and long skirts. At the back I hide the dresses my mother buys me which are mostly the expensive tight fitting ones, or the princess-looking ones.

I take down a white button-down, long sleeves shirt, some faded blue-grey jeans, and a woolly, grey jaket.

I put the clothes on my bed and step into the bathroom to take a shower. Once out, I brush my teeth and put some cream on my face. I prush my tangled hair and walk back to my room. I dress up and look at myself satisfied in the mirror. I choose some simple white shoes and I put my smart watch. I don't bother applying makeup as I deeply hate it and only put on chapstick. When I feel ready I walk down to eat breakfast. Appa and eomma are already seated side by side, their eyes stuck to their own phones. They only talk to each other about the news and their business, I doubt they ever talk about some else other than work. I've learned to ignore it though.

"Morning." I say and my dad looks up. He smiles and patts the seat next to him. I seat down regardless of the dread still pulling on me. I force a smile at him as he takes my head and kisses my forehead. Our maid comes in and leaves my plate before me and I thank her. I start to eat, trying to leave my worries for later, the heaviness settling now in the pit of my stomach.

"Are you ready to meet Mr. Kim?" Appa asks out of the blue and I almost choke on my coffee. "Ah, well, I don't know..." I stutter out. "She's ready Wontae." Eomma grumbles and I frown at her. Emma notices my stare and she looks back at me in the eye, "I told you he is coming today Iseul and I expect you to be ready for his visit this afternoon." She says and I look down.

She has the power here and there's nothing I can do about it. I nod, looking down to my half eaten food, to distract myself from the sudden feeling of fear. I have always been a good daughter. Always done what was expected of me, never refused to my parents' requests. Yesterday when eomma told me I was engaged to that man I felt like my whole world was being crushed, why? Because even if my life has been based on my parents decision I thought that once I graduated I would be able to find my own path and take my own decisions.

Everything I have has been given to me in a silver plate, and it's not that it bothers me, but I want to be able to get things through my own hard work. I want to be able to fall in love and work on what I love to do. But once again my parents have made a bigger move, once again they have given me a request. This is something that even if I fought I can't get out of it as my parents have already taken actions and they already have a contract with this man.