Chapter 24: Friends and Lovers

⚠(Warning: Mature Content)⚠
Naruto's P.O.V

Finally after much intense walking and looking, I've gathered all the correct pieces to build a campfire with, my body bending down to the materials to get a closer look. I hummed, pointing them out one by one.. 

Dry leaves- Check..

Dry bark- Check..

Dry Grass- Check..

Logs- Check..

And many more things that I would need to build a basic campfire. As an inhuman being, it didn't take me long to build what I needed, my eyes narrowed in deep concentration.

The whole time I moved my materials in place, I kept my ears open for anyone or anything that may be around, in the area. I didn't hear anything close, but I did hear plenty of people north of me.. And by the many trodding footsteps…

It seems like a lot of them.

I gritted my teeth at that, picking up the pace…

Damn it.. I have to hurry. 

Soon I was down to my final step, my materials all huddled in a circle, ready to be lit.

Because everything was dry, I was insured of a roaring fire. My campfire would be a large one, one that I could deeply reply on.

Now, holding two sticks, I placed them face up in the middle of the pile of logs, leaves, sticks, grass and tree bark. And with my hands, I turned one stick to the side and allowed the other one to stay standing vertical.

Soon I begin to slide them back and forth against one another across the pile of materials I made, my speed immense. So it didn't take long for a spark to happen, the things underneath my two sticks catching on fire.

And just like that, I had the fire I wanted which brought a big grin on my face.

I nodded in approval. "Yes." I whispered but let go of the sticks so that the fire can spread to the rest of the materials, a low cracking sound heard from it all.

I grinned at that but quickly got to work, to clear the horrifying mess, I made… 

-A Few Minutes Later-

I sighed heavily as I stared at the now lightened up forest from my side, a frown forming on my lips. This only took me seven whole minutes.. But those minutes brought me to an understanding. 

Amy, was indeed gone..

I, was no longer part of a pack…

I, was no longer a Prince.

I'm a lone wolf now. But…

It's better, this way..

I was never happy before. Happiness was never in my situation. But, it is now. 

And that's all that matters…

I blew out a deep breath and just looked, as the fire from my small little campfire  engulfed the trees and the bodies of my fellow werewolves, crackling and burning them into ash, leaving a burnt scent in the area. But.. It was okay. The smell wasn't of dead beings so..

I'm good…

I'm all good now.

I allowed myself to smile at that point of realization, my eyes eyeing the fire as it slowly dissipated from its lack of materials, my eyes watching it the whole time.