thirteen

Jungwoo was the first to stand up and he stood up in front of Lucas.

"What?! Send her into their base?!"
He shook his head tightly and Lucas put a hand on his shoulder but he pushed it off.

"That's an extremely careless idea. Don't you know how dangerous that's going to be for her?"

Jungwoo grabbed my arm. "She is staying here."

I didn't know how to react. But all I knew is that somewhere deep inside I wanted to do this. I could see if this truly was all there was to know. Or if there was something big that I was missing.

"Jungwoo..." I gently pushed his arm off me.

"I know it will be dangerous, but you can trust me to do this. I promise I won't get hurt."

Lucas sighed a little annoyed.
"No matter how much you love birds fight over this, she is still going."
I turned back in shock and took a step back. "Love birds? What?"

Jungwoo coughed a little and I shook my head

"I'm going home anyways. I'm going to find the number Johnny gave me on that business card and see what happens from there."

"Y/n... just promise to ring me, sometimes." Jungwoo looked up.

Instantly, my face lit up at his sweetness. He truly cared for me and I was grateful for it.
"Of course, I would never leave you in the dark."
He gave me a little hug and I smelt his sweet aroma.

"Once you ring Johnny, convince them you left us, and convince them you want to help them to get revenge on us, then when we finally meet, at the last minute, you can turn on them." Lucas talked me through it as if it was simpler than boiling pasta.

I smiled widely.
"Okay. And Jungwoo. Don't worry okay"!

They gave me a few things, but they never gave me a tracker or anything just in case they would find it on me.

"Thanks Y/n for doing this, I don't know when we will see you again, but I will explain to the others. I hope you can do well."

"Of course, Lucas." My tone was neutral but I was smarter than I was letting myself on to be.

I briefly said goodbye and I finally left letting out my breath I was holding. This was going to be an experience.

——————————

"Yah Jisung are you home?" I shouted as I opened my front door in a rush.

A head poked round the doorway and I let out a sigh of relief. He wouldn't have to come back home to a note left on the table now.

"Your back?"

"Yeah, but not for long." Putting my hand on my head I walked further into the room putting my bag down.