twenty two

Jungwoo's text hit me a little.

If I thought about them subconsciously. I did that most the time with Taeyong. I wanted to fix him. If that was even possible. He used to hate me, but he is opening up to me now... well... saying he likes me.

When I got closer to the thin bedroom door, I heard subtle moving from downstairs, so I slowly moved my body towards the noise. My stomach would do the usual flip and I knew that I had feelings that I didn't want for Taeyong.

When I got the bottom floor, I heard the rough voices more loudly and I made an appearance in the doorway. As my eyes rested upon their clothes i noticed thick, velvet blood on some of their pure white t-shirts and I let out a little gasp. Not again.

They must have heard my dim footsteps as they hurriedly turned seeing my presence giving me an unsure look.
"Where have you guys been?" I asked them with caution.
"Out doing business you're not involved in." I looked across at that 'Taeil' man who clearly still didn't like me. His stare was piercing into me and it was as if he was cutting into my body.

 His stare was piercing into me and it was as if he was cutting into my body

My eyes ripped out of his stare, but they just landed on Taeyong instead. He made brief eye contact but when he did, I quickly looked down to the floor embarrassed.

Some figure was walking up to me and I raised my head when they had grabbed onto my frail arm.

"Come with me."
It was Ten. When I looked around the others were just locking eyes with me. Other than Johnny who seemed emotionless.

He pulled me away from the others and put me in their kitchen room

"What is it?" I asked quickly and he just stared in front of him for a small while.

"From what I can tell, you're not doing very well, fitting in here."

"I already know that." I sighed. "Some of them still don't like me."

"Maybe you should try earning their trust more by talking to them. They may seem like monsters, but each of them, deep down have a person inside."

"All of them?!"

He laughed and thought a little.
"Maybe except Taeyong. I don't think anyone has brought his nice side out."

"But who knows... maybe you could even find his."

"Maybe..." I muttered.

"From what I can tell, Taeyong thinks you're something special now. Just don't lose that, because once someone he likes hurts him... there is no coming back from that and you're basically better off dead."

My throat dried up a small bit and I gulped silently and laughed it off.
"Has it happened before?"

He nodded and I froze a little.
"Wait it has? With whom?"

Ten rested on the back of a table and he just shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know anything else. It's only rumours. I think it was with this girl."

This was just another reason why i should be worried. Then my heart started pumping strongly. I would have to betray them. And that would probably be very soon. I almost forgot I wasn't part of this gang. I'm basically just a spy here but I am getting too far in. I still didn't know what I was going to do when Lucas comes. I am meant to find out their weakness, but I don't know what that is.

Ten seemed to have said everything he wanted to say so I walked past him towards the other room again and I felt him close behind me.

"What was that about?" I heard Yuta ask.
"He just wanted to tell me something." I slightly smiled at Yuta as he was nice to me the other day and he seemed to give me an eye smile back. Maybe Ten was right. They have a nice side to them. Sometimes I wished I had gotten closer to the people in NctU because then I would have more of a reason to stay loyal to them. I only knew Jungwoo and Lucas really. And if I was honest Lucas wasn't the nicest of guys.

It was Taeyong's turn to give me a look now and I saw him walk nearer me. I could smell the metal kind of smell from the blood and it made me feel sick.

"How many people did you even kill." I asked harshly looking him in the eye.

His head looked down at his T-shirt and he smirked looking up at me.
"We are part of a gang what do you expect."

My stomach suddenly felt painful and I remembered I hadn't eaten all day.
"Is there any food?" I suddenly came out with.
His body was opposite mine, and he studied my eyes a bit.
"Come with me, I will make you some ramen."

Taeyong brushed past me heading back to that kitchen. Surely this was his nice side. I turned towards Ten and he gave me a smug look. He knew it too. I smiled back at him and then quickly followed after Taeyong.

—————————

—————————