thirty six

My shirt was now over my top section of my body and I edged towards the side of the room, resting my body against the bed instead. Gripping my leg, I felt my head fall back feeling a little weaker each second. The idea of a bullet sticking in my leg was making me feel sick and queasy. My hoarse voice kept screaming out. I was almost on the verge of giving up. I was going to die here. My eyes closed and I started to subconsciously fall asleep, leaning my head against the drawers that were next to me.

Suddenly my body hauled forward automatically as I screamed out to the pain of someone removing the bullet from my wound.
"What the hell?"

I finally opened my eyes after getting over what just happened.
This was a dream. Surely.

"Y/n, you could have died!"

"I died, didn't I?"

He looked at me in confusion shaking my shoulders a little to get me aware of my surroundings a bit more. I heard his sigh and he sat down in front of me tying a tight bandage around my leg as I hissed out in pain.

"You're not dead... and neither am I." Ten called out to me looking at me with soft eyes.

"But you died right in front of my eyes, what do you mean!"Already tears were yet again forming blurring my vision.
"How-?"

He lifted up his dark t-shirt up and I saw his scar with a large bandage around his stomach.
"It missed my crucial area. Sure, I probably shouldn't be walking right now but I heard you screaming in here."

Immediately I leant forward embracing him in my hug.
"Thank you ten. For being alive and also saving me."

He waited a little before adjusting to the hug.
"I want Lucas dead." Ten just simply stated and I quickly moved my head out of his shoulder looking up weakly.
"Where is Johnny? And where is Yuta, Taeil and that Haechan? Are they safe?"

He nodded.
"They are safe... however they had knocked out Johnny and took him as hostage. I guess they want to lure Taeyong to them."

"And we are just sitting here letting them?!"

"No... we are trying to find where Lucas went. However, Lucas knocked them out for so long, so he has a head start."

"Taeyong is going to get himself killed."
My mind flashed back to what happened just an hour ago with him.
"Although he hates me right now and shot me in the leg... I still care for him. I'm stupid right?" I chuckled looking up at Ten and he quickly shook his head.
"Y/n, you fell in love with him. You can't help it." He smiled.
"We will get him back safe and get revenge on Lucas and NctU. I promise."

I pointed to my trousers and he helped me carefully put them back on without hurting my wound too much.
"You are going to have to rest this for a long time, so you are staying here to carry on being our tech person okay?"

"And you are too then. You were shot too."

He smiled through his sigh and he agreed.
"Fine we can work together again on the technical side of things."

The door was knocked, and I looked up to see Haechan walk into the room.
"Is she okay?" He asked and Ten nodded getting off the floor.

"Yeah, she is fine. Just a little shaken up, I think. Bullet in the thigh is hard going."

Ten helped me get up and balance myself and he made sure I had him to lean on while I hopped across the floor.

"Is there a wheelchair?"

Ten started laughing but I stayed silent as he saw I was being serious.
"Erm- yeah I'm sure there is one somewhere around here."

"I will go find one." Haechan quickly spoke out turning back the way he came.

"Taeyong went out that window." I stated pointing to where he climbed from.

"He is stupid to be going after him alone again, he should realise that it will just get him killed."

My eyes suddenly widened.

"Wait... Ten..."

"Mmm?"

"What if that's what he wants? What if he wants to kill Lucas and then die."?

Ten's body now also froze, and he looked at me.
"He always said how much he hated himself sometimes." He quietly spoke out.

"His brother... Jungwoo..."

"Jungwoo could kill him-" ten finished off.
Taeyong could be getting Jungwoo to kill him I was almost sure of it. Taeyong wouldn't go without a plan and a reason and at the moment, that is all I could see that he wanted. He would feel guilty for killing their father in front of Jungwoo. And why would Taeyong have said goodbye to me like that, he knew that I'd survive.

"Ten we need to find Taeyong- or Lucas. And get to them immediately."

He agreed with me and I saw him start to panic a little shutting the window.
"We need to call WayV."

"I have a feeling my brother has company that can help too." I smirked, "the clever guy managed to escape somehow allowing me to shoot Lucas."

"You ring your brother, and I will ring Kun."

I nodded.
"Deal."

———————————
If I had to make a guess, I would reckon we have around 5 - 10 chapters of this book left 😙
I have almost finished a 4th book I feel proud of myself.
———————————

—————————