thirty

Kun carried Jisung's bags to his car and then helped me get mine in too.
"Why didn't you or Ten tell me any of this."
I grabbed Kun bringing him aside.
"It's not something easy to tell someone, you were a police officer Y/n."
He had a point, I forgot about that.
"Sorry... you're right, does Ten know?"

He nodded, "yeah, he used to work against me by being under Lucas but now, he works for Taeyong, so we are mates again."

I remembered when they had fell out over something at the time, I had thought was stupid, but now I understood why. Ten used to be in Kun's enemies' gang.

"What about Lucas? Does he know?"

"He doesn't know me or Ten are in his enemy's gangs... yet. If I'm honest I never liked the guy because of how full of himself he used to be in high school."

"Yeah... I realise he isn't the nicest guy. I can't believe I used to like that guy."

"You mean, you can't believe you used to work for him."

I chuckled nodding.
"Yeah."

Now I thought about it, Taeyong was the only one who had a reputation on the news.
"Wait... isn't Taeyong worse though, he kills people." He looked at me and he shrugged.

"That's just Taeyong isn't it. He doesn't feel anything, anymore. He treats his men well though unlike Lucas."

Why did I even have to get involved in all this, if I was honest, they were all bad people, it was just a matter of deciding which bad people I was going to side with.

"Oh, and Y/n, don't worry about the fact we are a mafia, just pretend we are normal people, and you don't have to get involved anymore. We will try our best to hide you."

He took my arm off his and he got into the front seat of the car, Jisung was already waiting in the front seat. Of course, he would try and get in the front first, I guess I had the back seats to myself then.

It was quite a far drive from our house and Kun took a lot of interest in Jisung which was a little surprising.

"You have friends at school?"

"Well, yeah, we used to share a big dorm together, but they kicked us out."

"Ahh, you should have been more careful, I'm guessing you still see them at school."
Jisung nodded and he then looked at Kun a little confused.
"Why do you ask?"

Kun looked a little took a back.
"Just curious, you know. I heard you like the kind of things we do."

"You're saying I could be in a mafia when I'm older!" His voice was full of exhilaration, so I quickly put an end to it by grabbing Jisung's arm.
"No, it's too dangerous ignore Kun, he is being unpractical."

His face dimmed and I felt a little sad. Did he really want to be in a mafia that badly?

The car pulled up at a drive and in front of us was a huge house once again and I was astonished how rich they must be. Why was I even surprised anymore, all my mates had lived a double life while I was a police officer, why did they even stay friends with me?

Grabbing our bags, we followed him inside and already the furniture was modern and nice to look at.

"How many people are in your mafia then?" I asked him, looking subtly around to see if I could spot anybody.

"Just 6 of us including me. But as I said, pretend they are just my best mates, they wouldn't be hostile to you."

Jisung was walking around excitedly and he was picking up loads of different things to examine them. We had never been rich, so I guess this was a very new kind of trip for him.