Hosting the Beauxbatons Part 1

The first Monday of November, Penny ran up to Dani just before Herbology, a Beauxbatons student in tow. The Beauxbatons students arrived a couple of days ago, and several students were picked to be their guides. Dani wasn't picked, though.

"Dani!" shouted Penny. "Meet Aurelie Dumont, my pen-friend from Beauxbatons!"

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," said Dani, extending her hand.

"Penny's told me a lot about you," replied Aurelie, shaking Dani's hand.

"In fact, I've told her about the vault squad-and Alex. She'll be joining our meeting tonight. You're good, are you?" asked Penny.

"Of course I am," said Dani as Sprout let the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff fourth-years, and their Beauxbatons partners, into the greenhouse.

As Tonks worked on the same wiggentree as Aurelie, Penny, who'd partnered up with Dani, said, "Actually, I think that Aurelie's been acting oddly. It was our love for Potions that brought us together, and Snape even praised her in front of the class-but she seemed a bit let down. I don't know why."

"Can't be a huge deal," said Dani, throwing a small satchel of dragon dung in front of herself and Penny.

"I know you can persuade her to tell the truth, can you?"

"Sure, I will. Later."
************************************
"So you two STILL haven't decided who's going to risk getting their broomtails eaten by Kettleburn's chimaera?" asked Bill.

Andre and Charlie shook their heads, and Bill sighed.

"What about this, whichever house scores higher in the next quidditch match gets to keep their broom."

"But that's not fair!"

"What if the team-"

"Do you two have better ideas?"

The boys looked at each other, and shook their heads.

"Quidditch it is."

"And are any of you good with animals?" Aurelie changed the subject. "Madam Maxime told me that your gamekeeper has been sent away on business, and her and your Care of Magical Creatures professor need an extra pair of hands with our abraxans."

"Barnaby can go," Dani said quickly.

"Are you sure-"

"Treat them like Barnaby Jr. (his favourite bowtruckle in class)," said Penny.

"Alright, I'll go," said Barnaby.