Chapter 4

The Three Broomsticks, with the entire vault squad...

"According to Kettleburn, the safest way into the forest is flying, so-"

Dani cut Barnaby off. "Guys, we aren't going into the forest until we sort something out-which is why I called you all here today. I meant to tell you guys earlier, but I want EVERYONE to hear this, especially in the advent of our upcoming session with Rakepick.

"A couple of weeks ago, Kettleburn told me to meet him in the courtyard to dicuss getting into the forest. However, I ended up getting attacked by someone in a red cloak-whom I strongly suspect is R."

Dani ignored the gasps and whispering and continued, "Right now, I have reason to believe that our mysterious R-our sworn enemy-is in fact, Madam Patricia Rakepick. I know I don't have anything against her, yet I have nothing to suggest otherwise. She just gives me a bad feeling. Not to mention Rakepick begins with R..."

"You know what, Dani?" suggested Bill. "If she IS R, she'd make a move, soon if not already. Let's play along with her for now, and prepare to enter the forest."
************************************
A few days later, Dani was having a training session with Rakepick, the vault squad and Ismelda and Merula, whom Rakepick said had experience vault-hunting. Dani wasn't too happy with it, but Merula proved herself when she saved Dani from the dementor.

Rakepick was impressed with most of the group's work (kudos to Angelica, Bill and their relentless weekend sessions). Plus, she even let the students duel each other, instead of just casting spells at iron dummies like they used to. Dani left the training grounds that evening, more excited about their next session than she'd ever been for any of the ones in her past two years at Hogwarts-yet still wary of her new mentor.

She didn't know that it wouldn't be long before she realized that she was wrong.