Chapter 14

After Care of Magical Creatures, Dani and some other vault squad members rushed to the training grounds to meet Rakepick for their final training session before the vault.

"Alright, so I suppose we all have the info we need?" asked Bill.

"We do," reported Merula.

"So Bill and I looked through a bunch if reference books about acromantulas, and we came to a one-sentence conclusion," said Rowan proudly.

"Same here," said Dani. "Which is..."

"Acromantulas are extremely dangerous creatures," said several of the members in unison.

"You're right," said Rakepick. "Therefore, we'll start off today's session with some duelling, and I'll be teaching you a new spell."

Dani was pitted against Charlie (and beat him, of course), and once the duels were over Rakepick rallied the squad again.

"Alright, so since we'll be fighting acromantulas I'll be teaching you arania exumai. Can anyone tell me what it does? And Miss Khanna, give others a chance," Rakepick retorted as Rowan opened her mouth ("Thank God," Dani whispered to herself).

"Um... Because you're teaching us NOW, I suppose it gets rid of... Spiders?" frowned Barnaby.

"Correct, Mr. Lee, it's good to see that you actually do know about magical creature. Now watch me..."