Chapter 3

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MILD VIOLENCE.
"Madam Rakepick told me you knew about how to get into the forbidden forest."

The small grotto near the large oak where Care of Magical Creatures lessons were held as now nearly deserted, other than Dani and Kettleburn.

"Is this about the vaults, Miss Jackson?"

"What else could it be about?"

"The forbidden forest is extremely dangerous, Miss Jackson. Even if I knew how to get in, I wouldn't tell a student."

"It's for the safety of the school, professor. If the vault is in the forbidden forest, going in'll be the only way I can free the school of the sleepwalking curse."

"...All right, then. I'll tell you if you do well in your essay on bowtruckles."
************************************
"Dani!"

After dinner, Bill ran up to Dani as soon as she came in through the portrait hole. "Look... Would you mind another hitchhiker?"

"For what?"

"The vault squad," piped up Charlie Weasley from behind his brother. "I'm interested."

"Of course you can join," said Dani. "In fact, I was just about to ask you to help me ace my Care of Magical Creatures assignment so Kettleburn can tell me how to get into the forbidden forest..."
************************************
A week later...

Dani wandered down to the courtyard, where Kettleburn had told her to meet with him after class that day. It was a rather chilly October night, and there was no sign of anyone else.

Dani went down the steps, slightly trembling from the unusually cold breezes. She watched as the water rippled in the fountain as she waited.

"Miss Jackson."

Dani squn around.

Standing behind her was a figure in a red cloak. "PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!"

Dani's arms and legs snapped together, her mouth bolted shut, her body falling limply to the ground.

"Stay away from the forbidden forest, the cursed vaults and Patricia Rakepick, Danielle Jackson, becuase death is coming to Hogwarts..."