Chapter 10

"You want ME to go?!" Ismelda asked in shock.

"Merula proved useful, so I doubt you won't be," Dani suggested.

Ismelda crossed her arms. "Just because this is about the vaults... Alright, I'm coming with you."
************************************
"Where did he go?!"

Charlie, Dani and Ismelda were barely into the forest when Sickleworth disappeared.

Since Torvus lived in the forest, Dani thought that was likely where the arrowhead was hidden. She amd Charlie came up with a plan to have Sickleworth help them search-not at all expecting him to run off at the last second.

"I think he went that way," Ismelda pointed at a small cavern.

The students ducked inside to find themselves in a rather tiny hole (for three teenagers), darkened by the night.

"LUMOS!"

Three wands lit up. Dani winced at the pile of blood on the dirt ground.

"MINE, MINE, MINE!"

A small creature tapped a small wooden club against its little green hand. It looked like a mushroom with arms, legs, a beard and the face of the elder tree in kids' storybooks.

"RUN!"

Charlie dragged the girls out of the hole.

"What the hell, Charlie?!" Ismelda asked angrily.

"What exactly was that?" said Dani.

"A red cap," said Charlie. "They beat people up with their clubs."

"That explains the blood," Dani sighed.

"Doesn't sound worse than a chimaera, because Rakepick's niffler could've easily been the dinner of-"

"Chik chik chik!"

"Sickleworth!" exclaimed Dani was the the niffler bounced into her arms. "Did you find anything?"

Sickleworth shook his little head, then turned it towards the red cap hole, trying to wriggle free of Dani's hands. "CHIK CHIK CHIK!"

"You want to search it?"

"Chik chik chik!"

"That red cap's gonna beat you to death, silly," groaned Ismelda.

"Is there any way to get rid of it?" Dani looked pleadingly at Charlie. "I'm trusting Sickleworth on this one."

"Well... They hate... Beautiful things..."

"Then I have just the idea."