You broke me, Charlie Conway

a.n goodluck with this one boys (please spill your feels in the comments, I need to know how people feel haha)

Lexi watched as her brother attempted to approach her after the team managed to maintain their scholarships.

The boy hadn't had a full conversation with her since the day he yelled at her after Hans funeral and pushed her. He tried to speak to her once on the bus and they made eye contact and he smiled at her a few times but that was it.

Lexi thought it was because he just didn't care about her, but the real truth was the boy couldn't bear to look at her after he knew how badly he would have broken her heart.

The girl knew she didn't want to speak to him so the second she saw him approach she walked towards her boyfriend, walking into his arms, burying her face into his chest as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

He was mid-conversation with Guy and paused for a moment, shooting the other boy a confused look but still wrapped his arms around her and held on to her while he continued to talk.

The boy noticed Charlie Conway approaching and instantly knew why the girl had come over, she didn't want to face her brother. "Not now dude" Guy said to the taller boy as he also realised Lexi's discomfort.

The look on Charlie's face showed heartbreak but nevertheless he nodded and turned away. Lexi pulled away from Adam's chest the second she knew the boy had gone.

"Cutie," the boy said softly "you know, you're going to have to talk with him soon" he prompted as he softly grabbed her chin and tilted her head up for her to look at him.

"I know," the girl said sadly, a small nod of her head as she turned to Guy, the boy looked down on her, a small concerned smile on his face.

The girl wordlessly walked into his arms and hugged him, the boy squeezed back before frowning as she walked away from the pair without even saying bye.

Adam looked on confused and went to follow but was stopped by Charlie "Let me, I gotta talk to her man" he begged the boy.

Adam nodded, not wanting the pair to have tension anymore, he knew how much they missed each other, he wasnt sure how Lexi would react but he knew the girl better than he knew himself and he knew she needed her brother "Go" he muttered, Charlie sent him a thankful smile and rushed out of the hall, moving in the direction he saw his sister go.

Lexi dragged her feet along the sidewalk, consumed by her own thoughts when she heard a voice yell after her call her name, She knew the voice, it was the one who hated her, she continued walking. The voice repeated a few times before clearing their throat and speaking again.

"Little Lexi please, listen to me " the boy pleaded. The girl froze at the nickname, he hadn't called her that in over a month. The girl didn't turn and face the boy but she did stop walking, allowing him to talk.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I don't know what went through my head when I spoke to you like that or when I pushed you, oh god I actually laid my hands on you and shoved you. I don't know what got into me but I promise I'm fixed. I'm just sorry, I punished you for loving me too much, I punished you for needing me and begging me to stay, and it wasn't fair. I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to make you cry or cut you off and I shouldn't have told you that you were a curse or that I wished you weren't my sister because the truth is little Lexi without you in my life I don't know what I'd do. You're only of the only people in my life who loved me unconditionally no matter how bad I screwed up if you give me another chance I promise I won't let you down " he said in a pleading tone.

The girl took a breath and turned to face the boy, tears streamed down her face as she walked closer so she was standing right in front of him, making him look down on her. "You know, I was the one who loved you through everything, who stood by your side as your sister, as your best friend even when you gave me 1000 reasons not to, and you still walked away, so now, I guess it's my turn to walk away," she spoke softly.