Showdown

Part one of the final three chapters

It was the morning of the JV Varsity showdown, and Lexi was woken up by her alarm. She rolled out of bed and turned to look at her boyfriend, who was still sleeping soundly.

She shook her head. If she was awake, he had to be too. They suffered together.

The girl stood up on her bed, throwing herself onto Adams body, laughing as the boy shot up with a gasp. "Good morning gorgeous" she stated merely before hopping up to go for a shower.

The girl returned a little later and noticed Adam wasn't in bed, she frowned in confusion and headed towards the kitchen, she was startled suddenly by Adam appearing from behind a door frame, attempting to scare her.

It worked as the girl let out a small scream, falling on her butt. Adam started laughing but soon stopped when he saw the tears brimming in her eyes.

He quickly pulled her up and into his arms, muttering several I'm sorries before kissing her head. The girl pulled away, a smirk on her face as she wiped away the tears "You're so whipped gorgeous" she teased. "I was just messing with you."

Adam jokingly rolled his eyes, scratching his neck awkwardly "I knew that" he muttered. Lexi gently squeezed his hand "I'm sure you did Addy" she mocked.

The pair headed downstairs, spotting Charlie sat at the bench, eating some cereal. It had been two days since the boy officially moved in.

"Good Morning Char" the girl smiled, causing him to snap his attention to her and swallow his cereal, he grinned back and walked over, embracing her in a hug "Good morning Little Lex."

"You ready for today Banksie?" Charlie said as he turned his attention to the boy, Adam nodded, smiling brightly "Born ready Conway".

The three teens arrived at the locker rooms and headed inside. They were met with the sight of Guy Germaine, Connie Moreau and Alex Larson who were beginning to get changed.

"Guy!" Lexi singsonged as she raced across the room to the boy, he stood quickly and opened his arms as he prepared for the girl.

Lexi threw herself at him, and the boy lost his balance, sending the two toppling to the floor, "I missed you" the girl said, but it was muffled due to her head being squished into Guy's chest.

"I missed you too Lex" the boy groaned out, letting out a sigh of relief when Alex walked over and lifted the small girl off of him.

"Hey Al" the girl grinned brightly as she turned to see who had moved her. "Hiya Little Lexi" he laughed before putting her down, the girl giving him a quick hug before moving on to Connie.

Soon the rest of the team arrived, and they all began getting ready, Orion giving a pep talk before they headed out to the ice. Lexi smiled slightly at Charlie as the team all walked past him moving onto the ice and forming a circle, touching the ice for Hans and at Lexi's request, Elliot Cruise.

The team all stood and headed over to the bench, Orion informing the team it was time to go hunting for goose eggs. Orion looked at the team at sent them a smile "oh three, quack" he stated, causing the ducks to look at each other happily.

Lexi felt Adams Hand be placed on hers and she turned slightly, sending him a grin to which he responded with a wink. She turned back, and the ducks began quacking.

The girl chuckled as she noticed her mother stand up, beginning to clap and quack with the team, causing a ripple as the rest of the crowd began to stand. "Moms a queen" Lexi said softly as she turned to look at her brother, causing him to laugh and nod.