Broken Skates

"Hey Gorgeous" Lexi grinned as she approached her boyfriend at his locker on Monday morning. The boy finished putting his letterman jacket on and turned to the girl, pulling her into his arms.

Lexi giggled at the quick movement and rested her head on the boy's chest as he enveloped her in a bear hug.

"Good morning cutie," the boy said softly as he rested his chin on her head. The girl smiled at the warmth the boy's body provided before pulling away and sending him a soft smile.

"What have we got first period?" Lexi questioned, the girl often relied on her boyfriend to tell her where to go, she could never be bothered to get her timetable out.

"Science" the boy informed her boredly causing Lexi to nod in acknowledgement. "I like science" she said with a grin as she took the boys hand and began tugging him towards the class.

"I don't" The blonde boy whined a small pout present on his face.

"One, you're so cute" Lexi said as she giggled at the boy "and two, why not you have the best lab group in the class" she said smugly referring to the group of 4 that contained Alex, Guy, Adam and herself.

"Yeah but Alex nearly blew us up last week" the boy said in a matter of fact tone, a small smirk on his face.

"Key word nearly, he didn't though! Leave him alone gorgeous he's trying" the girl said, defending her friend.

Adam laughed, putting his hands up in mock defense "sorry cutie" he singsonged.

Lexi rolled her eyes jokingly and went to respond when noticed her favourite person at their locker.

"Guy!" the girl yelled out, causing the boy to shut his locker and turn to her with a smile on his face. 

The girl darted down the halls, Adam shaking his head, a small smile on his face as he trailed after his girlfriend.

Lexi threw herself into his arms, laughing as he lifted her slightly off the ground and squeezed her.

"I missed you" the girl grinned when she was placed down. 

"I missed you too best friend," the boy said in a baby voice. "Don't ever leave me," the said in the same baby voice before squishing the girl in another hug.

Lexi pulled away and smiled for what seemed to be the 100th time this morning "I'd never leave you" the girl said as she reached up and squeezed the boys cheeks "I'm your best friend and sadly for you there's nothing you can do about it, you're stuck with me forever" she said as she jokingly frowned.

"Somehow I don't mind the idea of being best friends forever" Guy informed her, a big grin on his face.

"You should," Lexi said ominously "I'm a basket case" she winked.

"That's okay, I like basket cases" she heard a voice state from beside her.

The girl jumped and put her hand on her heart "oh man Gaffney, giving me a heart attack" Lexi said as she made eye contact with the smiling girl. 

Julie just pulled the girl into a hug "sorry Allie" the girl teased using the nickname only she called the girl, Lexi just grinned and hugged her back.

"I'm late for Math" Julie said as her eyes widened, turning and rushing away without saying bye.

"Bye Jules" Lexi yelled out, waving when the girl turned and sent her a small quick wave.

Adam had been standing beside the pair and Lexi sent him a smile, walking over to him and placing her hand in his.

"Hey Guy" the boy smiled as the three begun walking to class. "Sup Banksie" Guy said with a nod.