About time

Lexi was laying on her boyfriends lap, the boy stroked her hair and look down at her fondly as they both shared what they did in their six weeks separated. Lexi went to speak to Adam about Eden Hall when she realised he might not even know, they only got their letters two weeks ago whilst Adam was at camp.

"I'll miss not being able to go to school with you everyday, I got used to it at the goodwill games" the boy frowned. They hadn't gone to elementary or middle together, despite them both being rich cake-eaters  Lexi had opted to go to school with the ducks because she lived with Charlie when she was younger when her dad was away which was quite often.

"So, your dad didn't tell you about the letter?" she asked him as she looked up at him, the boy looked confused for a moment and Lexi grinned. She was excited to see his reaction. 

"I didn't even go in my house when I got off the camp bus I threw my bag down and ran over here, I didnt wanna wait to see you " he informed the girl. "What letter?" he questioned as he stopped stroking her hair.

The girl laughed "maybe you should let your parents tell you" she said as she said with a small smile. "Nah, Cutie tell me im worried, am I being shipped off to boarding school?" he whined.

Lexi sat herself up beside her boyfriend crossing her legs on the lounge and sending him a grin. "Okay, so you know Eden Hall?" she questioned him "the really prestigious private school?" he said.

She pointed at him jokingly "thats the one, well we all got letters a few weeks ago to say that the ducks had been offered full student athlete scholarships, i'm assuming yours is at home, I spoke to your dad and told him but he said he wouldn't open the letter till you were home" she stated causing a large grin to spread on the boys face. 

"So, we will all be at high school together" he stated "with full ride scholarships to play hockey?" the boy asked as his jaw dropped. "Can life actually get any better?" he asked rhetorically causing the girl to laugh.

"Pretty cool huh?" she said softly, the boy looked at her and grinned pulling her into his arms and kissing her face all over causing her to giggle. "I love you" he said between kisses.

"I love you too gorgeous" the girl giggled out.

"Wanna play some hockey?" the girl asked, causing the boy to smile. "when do I not" he grinned. 

The pair walked outside to Lexi's driveway, the girl grabbing her skates and Adam grabbing his bag "come on, come see my mom and dad. I  just have to go put this in my room and get my skates" the boy informed her as they headed over to his driveway and he unlocked the door as they both stepped inside. 

Lexi sent Adams mom and dad a wave whilst the boy walked over and gave his parents hugs before informing them he was going to go play hockey with Lexi and he would be back for dinner to tell them all about camp. 

Adams mom demanded Lexi come over for dinner, they hadn't seen the girl in a while and missed her funny personality and loveable nature.

The pair walked upstairs to Adams room, the girl smiled as she threw herself down on his bed and waited for him to change out of his camp clothes and get his skates. She looked around the familiar room and grinned at all the pictures he had. There was atleast 12 dismayed in different places around the room, Lexi featured in all but 2.

Her eyes drifted to her favourite 4 pictures. 

He had one of the Core four when they were about 9. They were all spread out across Lexi's lounge, leaning on each other as they slept, Lexi had her head on Adams lap and Ellie's head had lazily dropped on Alex's shoulder. If you looked close you could see some drool coming out of Ellie's mouth, that always made Lexi giggle.

She moved to the next picture, it was a more recent one of him,  her, Guy and Charlie another friendship group not to be fucked with.  Lexi was in the middle standing doing a peace sign whilst the boys were all sticking their tongues out at the camera. She laughed at how weird they all looked and shook her head slightly whilst laughing. 

The next photo made Lexi's heart sore, it was a photo of her Adam and Ellie when they were 10, Adam had a goofy smile whilst  both the girls were kissing his cheeks, she remembered that day fondly Adam telling her at the time he felt like such a ladies man, Ellie was quick to lightly slap him in the face "you wish Casanova" she joked.

The last photo was of the couple themselves, it was taken just a few weeks before Adam went to hockey camp. Adam's dad had snapped it whilst the couple weren't paying attention. Adam had the girl in a hug and was resting his chin on the girls head whilst she rested her head on his chest, both were looking into each others eye's as they spoke. It truly was the cutest picture Lexi had ever seen.

The girl was snapped out of her trance to see Adam step out of the bathroom, she smiled at him and he sent her a wink back "ready to go?" he said as he reached out a hand. The girl jumped over to him and took his hand in hers, allowing him to pull her down the stairs.

"Time to win again" Lexi teased as they arrived in her driveway and she put on her skates. "Hey gorgeous" she spoke "want to actually try this time?" she asked him with a soft smile. 

"I dont need to win all the time Ad, please dont go easy on me" she stated with a small smile, the boy sighed.

The girl didnt seem to have too many wins in her life and yet it didnt seem to phase her, she was happy to lose but Adam couldn't bring himself to do it. He loved the way her eyes lit up when she scored and eventually won. It was one of the many things he loved in his life, watching her be happy.

"Okay cutie" he laughed as they tapped their sticks against each other and began playing. Not wanting to disappoint the girl Adam tried his hardest, winning the game 4-3. The boy felt bad but his worries went away when he turned and saw the girl smiling. 

"About time gorgeous" she teased as she pulled him into a hug and punched him in the chest causing him to let out a groan of pain. 

He dove at the girl and grabbed her, ticking her as she let out loud laughs, backing up until she hit the wall. Adam bent down and kissed the girl (a.n sorry mama they kissing again) lightly grabbing her face as he did so.

The two remained kissing for a few moments before pulling away and grinning slightly out of breath. 

"Hey guys" they heard a voice call, the turned to see Alex Larson. The boy only lived a few minutes away so drop in's from him weren't unusual. "Welcome Back Adam" he said to the boy as he approached and sent him a smile before pulling Lexi into a hug. 

"Ready for school to go back?" he asked the pair when they had all sat down on the driveway to catch up. 

Lexi nodded, she had told the boy about the scholarships the second she found out, calling him excitedly. "I wish we could all go together" she said as she looked at both boys. 

Larson sent a sad smile "yeah, ive never had to go to school without Banksie there" he said as he patted the taller boy on the shoulder. "I'll be pretty alone". he said sadly 

Lexi grabbed his hand "You might feel alone at school but I promise the second school is done we can all hang out, we will never let you be alone, will we Ad?" she said looking at her boyfriend. 

Adam shook his head, agreeing with the girl "Yeah dude, you'll always be our best friend, an original core 4 member, we will always have your back"