First day of school flashback

I JUST HAVE TO PUBLISH THIS CUTE ASS FLASHBACK, next chapter we will be back to normal haha. *picture is what my face claim looked like at 6 so you get a visual

Alexis Summer and Charlie Conway stood in the school office, waiting to go to their first day of school while Casey talked to the principal about how Shane wasn't really in Lexi's life and she wanted to change the first person they would call if something were to happen to Casey's home phone line.

 Lexi was tapping her foot on the ground, trying to see over the tall desk, a slight pout on her face, she was scared out of her mind for her first day of first grade.

The girl was dressed in a denim overall dress, mini converse on her feet and her hair in two braids, she was the pinnacle of cuteness.

Charlie Conway, noticing his cousins nervousness, gave her hand a light squeeze, causing her to look up at him and smile. 

"You're going to be okay, little Lexi. It can't be that different from kindergarten and you loved kindergarten." Charlie whispered to her. 

"Are you sure, Char? I heard it was scary." She whispered back. 

"From who?" The boy asked as he looked down at his little cousin.

"Dave, he is in second grade now, he said first grade is real scary, the teachers are angry and the children are mean." the girl said as she leant in and whispered to her cousin.

 Charlie rolled his eyes at that and pulled his cousin into a quick hug. "Don't listen to McGill. You're going to do great, I promise," he said as he gave her a squeeze.

"Besides, you got me. I'd never let anything happen to you" Charlie grinned as he pulled a superhero pose.

The girl gave him a quick smile, showing her dimples and missing front tooth before looking up when Casey walked over to them. 

"Come on, guys. Your principal is going to lead you to your class so I'm going to say goodbye." Casey bent down and kissed the kids heads "be good, okay?" She told them.

 The children returned it with nods. "Good." Casey thanked the man before walking out of the office. 

Charlie looked down at his cousin and took her hand, sending her a small smile as they headed down the hall together "Well come on, kids, welcome to Minnesota elementary school" The principal spoke. 

The pair were ushered inside their classroom and Lexi immediately grinned, seeing the face of a familiar friend that she had made over the summer. 

The boy looked over to her from where he was playing before class started and let out a massive grin. 

"Guy!" The girl smiled brightly, as the boy rushed over to her, pulling her into a hug. 

"I missed you," the girl said as they released each other.

"I missed you more! I haven't seen you in weeks" the boy said as he jumped slightly up and down in excitement.

"I can't believe you go here Lexi!" the boy said as he took her hand "come sit with me".

Lexi laughed and followed, not wanting to leave Charlie she kept her other hand in his, allowing him to be pulled along too.

Guy sat down followed by Lex and Charlie.

"Guy, this is my cousin Charlie, Charlie this is my best friend Guy," the girl said softly as she motioned between the two.

The boys sent each other small smiles.

Charlie looked confused "I thought Adam, Lio and Alex were your best friends" he stated.

Lexi shook her head "No i have 5 best friends" the girl informed him.

"5?!" Charlie asked that was a lot of best friends, the boy only really had Lexi, she had loads more people who loved her. "who is the 5th?" the boy questioned sadly. 

Lexi just giggled, her missing tooth showing "you silly, you'll always be my best friend no matter what" she said, causing the boy to smile.