"I love you", "Yeah"

A.N Starting the charlie and Adam drama before the dinner and stuff just to form a basis for future chapters.

It wasn't even the end of the first week of school and Lexi had already had enough. Since Adam had accepted to make the move to varsity the JV team had been treating him like trash, she knew they felt betrayed but there was no reason to isolate him, Adam though didn't seem to help himself as he chose to sit with Varsity.

Lexi grabbed her lunch and began walking towards the table that sat all of her friends, the girl distractedly walked past the varsity table and was snapped out of her trance when she felt her tray get placed down and her hand get pulled.

 Riley snake his arm around her waist rubbing his hand up and down her back, she turned to look at her boyfriend who was sat a few seats down, he was in conversation with Scooter, his head turned the opposite way and had yet to notice the interaction between his Captain and girlfriend. 

The girl tried to pull away but the boy kept her in place, he was much bigger and stronger than her. The ducks were at a table facing away from varsity so they couldn't see the small girl struggling. 

"Adam" she spoke out, her voice cracking, the girl cursed herself as she realised she wasn't loud enough before she could clear her throat and try again Riley put a hand over her mouth.

Lexi heard footsteps and looked to the side, thanking the Lord as her saviour approached. 

Alex Larson had been getting his food when he quickly glanced over at the cafeteria, his eyes landed on the Varsity table. The boy went to look away but did a double-take when he saw his best friend being held down by the varsity team captain him touching her back while she tried to pull away. 

The boy gritted his teeth and approached them, he noticed the girl look at him but he couldn't see any emotions, she looked numb. He slammed his tray down on their table catching the attention of the whole varsity team including Adam Banks who's eyes widened when he saw his girlfriend.

He watched as Larson wound up his fist and punched Riley in the jaw, causing his grip on the girl to loosen allowing Alex to gently grab her arm and pull her to him, he wrapped his arm around her and watched as Adam sprung up. 

Adam sprung up and walked over to the pair and his captain "what was that?" he stated angrily to Riley.

"Just touching the hottie" he smirked. 

Adam grabbed his shirt with his fists slightly tugging the boy out of his seat"leave my girlfriend alone for the last goddamn time" he warned before letting go and walking towards the small girl.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice cutie, I was invested in my conversation," he said as he gently grabbed her face looking into her eyes.

"Its fine, You don't have to protect me all the time," she said to the boy before Alex wordlessly pulled her away not allowing the pair to talk any longer. 

Aside from Lexi all the ducks seemed to be fed up with Adam Banks, he never made time for them and his attitude had seemed to change well that was according to their "captain" who seemed to wave the "I hate Adam Banks" Flag.

Lexi loved the boy and nothing would ever change that so when the team was talking badly about him she tried to defend him but she was beginning to feel like no matter what she said all her friends would never get along.

The girl though was starting to feel overwhelmed, all the tension between her best friends and boyfriend taking its toll, she constantly felt like she was being required to pick sides and it began to affect her happiness big time. She didn't have many people in her life to support her and here were her two biggest supporters letting her down.