forty-three

Blair had finished changing from her outfit at school as she wanted to look like she had made an effort for dinner at Kira's

Blair had finished changing from her outfit at school as she wanted to look like she had made an effort for dinner at Kira's. Scott had also been invited and was waiting outside the room for Blair so that the two could go together - insisting that he would be easier if the two rode on his bike rather than Blair annoying Stiles into giving her the keys to Roscoe since it would probably end in another argument between the two.

Blair opened the door, Scott staring up from his phone as he put his jacket back on while he checked Blair out. Blair immediately noticing his eyes scanning her figure as she tried to fight the blush covering her face as he did so.

"Hey, stop it!" Blair yelled as she turned to grab her phone of the table, Scott following her into the room even though the two were supposed to be leaving to Kira's house before they were considered late by the Yukimura's.

"Stop what?" Scott asked innocently, as he stepped behind Blair. Blair turning when she realized how close the two were standing to each other - the blush spreading across her face at the contact while Scott smiled at her.

"This, I broke up with you, Scott." Blair patted his chest, trying to move away from Scott as he stepped in front of her - his dimples obvious as he bit his lip while trying to hide his enjoyment of being close to her.

"I can hear your heart racing, Blair," Scott whispered near her ear, as he trailed his hand up her arm before moving it to her neck - leaning closer to Blair as he listened to her heart rate speed up.

"Even if you kiss me right now, it doesn't change the fact that we're broken up, Scott," Blair whispered, her eyes flickering between his eyes and his lips as she watched his lips spread into an even bigger goofy grin.

"It means I have a chance and I'm taking that," Scott admitted, leaning down as he crashed his lips on Blair's, Blair wrapping her arms around Scott's neck before the two heard the door slam downstairs signaling that Stiles was finally home. Blair jumped at the noise and finally let go of Scott as he moved his hand before tucking a piece of hair behind Blair's ear.

"You know I'm not giving up on us, right?" Scott reminded Blair, kissing her on the forehead before moving away. Blair was still haunted at the words from Deaton's office as she grabbed onto Scott's hand to stop him from leaving.

"What if I want you to give up?" Blair asked quietly, Scott moving closer to her as he held her hand softly, causing Blair to stare at their hands rather than at Scott since she still felt guilty about doing this. Scott was trying hard to fight for the remainder of their relationship, knowing that he was better with Blair than without her. He knew that they were a team and when they weren't dating, it felt like a shift in his world had occurred and he hated every moment of it.

"Okay, say it. I don't want anything to do with you Scott and I'll give up on us." Scott whispered sadly, listening to Blair's heartbeat for any indicators that she was lying - having the feeling that Blair was pushing him away and not because she didn't care about him anymore.