Chapter 13

Sleep was not in the cards for me this evening. Kylo had a marathon of explosions all day. The most silence I got was the few moments in between the loud bangs. I was getting tired and I even went back to the medical bay for a few hours to redress my arm, but when I came back I could hear him before I even made it to my front door. I groaned and was going to turn back down the halls to walk around, but my anger boiled over.

It wasn't fair, I was tired too. Snoke threw me and yelled at me just like him. Sure he broke his mask, but it was just a mask. If he really wanted to he could just make a new one. He spoke about his grandfather, but I really didn't know anything about that. He had never spoke about his family before so maybe it was a touchy subject.

Either way it was no excuse for breaking my collarbone and scorching my chest out of rage. Not to mention forcing me to endure hours of his screams and destruction. I stomped up to his door not being able to contain my rage. I took my free arm and banged my fist against his door.

The noises inside suddenly stopped and I stood there waiting. I listened to see if I could hear his lightsaber hum, but all was quiet. I waited for the door to open, but it never did. I banged my fist again and this time the door swung open in the middle of it.

He stood there sweat cascading down from his forehead. He was bright red in the face which could only be explained from the various noises that just filled his room. I shook my head as I faced him.

"Are you good?" I asked just over it. "You've been going for hours and I'm trying to go to sleep sometime tonight."

"Your shoulder." He stated and I couldn't tell what he meant. It was almost like he was asking. I couldn't see much into his room. It was dark inside like he'd kept all the lights off.

"Kylo-"

"What happened to your shoulder?" He asked and I gave him a look that just said 'are you serious?'

"Dude," I said shaking my head and turning away. "Just keep it down."

I turned away and went into my room, but I was grabbed by my elbow and I jerked away in pain. I let out a small cry before pushing him away with my one good arm. He stumbled back not pressing forward that hard.

"Don't fucking touch me." I cried out holding back tears as pain shot through my arm and shoulders.

I looked at him who looked didn't look angry like I had expected. Not only was he clearly worked up about something, but I basically had told him to shut up. I had expected him to be grabbing me to yell at me, but he just looked scared.

"Can I fix it?" He asked softly.

"Excuse me?" I asked not understand what he meant.

He reached an out stretched hand towards me and I just looked at him appalled. I could see the pain in my eyes, but it didn't take away from the anger I had boiling in my stomach. When I didn't grab his hand, I saw his face filled with guilt. He slowly reached out and grabbed my free hanging hand.

They instant he did I felt something wash over me. Like a sense of relief and warmth, but it wasn't anything he was doing to me. It made my stomach go from and angry boil to light and airy. Almost as if butterflies were flying around. I didn't let him pull me away right away and his eyes fell.

He pulled me softly towards his room and I couldn't help, but resist. I didn't want to go in there. After hearing the violence that ensued all day I wanted to be no where near it in fear of it happening again. He looked to me and saw my worry.

"I won't hurt you." He said, but I wasn't convinced. I didn't know if I could trust him. "I promise, please."

I let him pull me into the room and I was brought into a dark loft. He turned on a light, but it was very dim. Surprisingly, it was all intact and actually very neat. He pulled me over to a couch and gestured for me to sit. He walked towards the back of the main room we were in and I saw him close a door. I assumed that was where he was having his explosions. I was surprised he had confined it to one room.