Chapter 31

"What do you mean?" I asked not knowing what he was trying to say.

"I was given two options and I didn't like either." He said strongly.

"What two options?" I asked. "Who is this new apprentice? How do we know we can trust them?"

"Well I don't know if I can." He said in a softer tone. "But you can."

"What do you..." I started but then realized what was happening. "No way. I know it was my idea before, but you have to know he can't go through that Kylo he won't make it. He wasn't made for this you have to convince the council to change their mind-"

"The council has made up their mind." He said adamantly. "I don't like it either, but we need more power. If we are going to launch a special operation on the Resistance we need more than just the two of us."

"What other option was there?" I asked raising my voice.

"We execute him so we wouldn't have any potential threats on board." He said. "I did what I had to do."

"He's not going to agree to that." I said looking to Kylo.

"Then he's going to have to face the council and I can't protect him anymore than I already have." He said angrily looking down to me.

"Kylo he's not ready." I said swallowing the welt in my throat.

"He'll have to be." He said coldly. "I know he's loyal to you, I need your help making sure he cooperates."

"No." I said jumping to my feet out of anger. Pain shot through my body and it cause me to hung over in pain before I could even stand up straight. He reached down to me and prevent me from falling down. "Don't touch me."

"Astra you're not supposed to be moving on your own yet." He said ignoring my request. "I'm saving his life and I need your help. You're the only reason why I'm even humoring the idea of it."

"Let go." I shouted shoving my hands into
His chest. He stumbled back a step and I fell backwards into the couch. I felt a sharp pain on my arm and my hand instantly flew to it. I felt a warm wet liquid drip onto my hands.

"Astra enough." He snapped. He picked me up fireman style and lifted me off the couch. He carried me into the room he originally came out of and it was a huge bedroom. I didn't get to look at it very long before I was set down on a bathroom counter. "Don't move."

"Kylo you don't understand you don't know him!" I said raising my voice.

"Well then I'll tell the council that we can discuss his execution." He said turning to leave the room.

"No!" I screamed.

"Well what do you want me to do then." He said snapping towards me.

"Kylo you can't hurt him." I said in a hushed tone. "Please."

"I have to train him just like I did with you." He said in a calmer tone. "He will become stronger."

"I worry he's going to crack under pressure." I said swallowing the lump in my throat again.

"I thought the same about you." He said almost in a whisper. "If he wants his freedom he has to earn it."

"I don't want him to die, but I don't want him to get hurt." I said.

"Astra I understand, but there's no other choice. We can discuss this later, but you're bleeding badly." He said grabbing my arm. I looked down and he was pressing a towel to my forearm. I had stitches on my arm and I'm assuming I popped a few.

"I just care a lot about him." I said looking at my lap.

"I know you do." He said messing with some bandages. "And I care a lot about you."