Chapter 38

"Astra." I heard Kylo's voice emerge from the door frame again.

"Yes?" I asked looking away from the panel in front of me. Percy was half asleep in the co pilot seat next to me, but he woke up when the door opened.

"A word?" He called. I turned to Percy and he met my eyes.

"You got it?" I asked Percy and he nodded quickly with a small smirk.

I got up and gestured for him to get into my seat. He looked pleased as he took over the ship and I left to follow Kylo. He let me out of the door first and he closed it behind me. I walked into the hall and looked back at Kylo.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him.

"Not at all, I wanted to check on you. We've been flying for several hours." He said.

"I used to fly for days, I'm okay." I said crossing my arms in front of me.

"Are you ready?" He asked me calmly.

"As ready as I can be." I stated and he looked at me for a long moment. "You offered Percy a pilot position?"

"Yes, I did." He stated strongly. "Is that a problem?"

"Not at all, I think it's great. I just thought you wanted to train him is all." I replied.

"I do, I still will." He answered. "I've spent a lot of time in his head. He wants to be a pilot and it's not a bad skill to learn. You have both and it's come in handy before."

"What do you mean you've spent a lot of time in his head?" I asked.

"I've been through every inch of his mind. I wouldn't trust him otherwise. I still have my doubts, but I wanted to give him something to fight for. I need both of you to be on your best and if offering him his dream job is what he wants then that's what is called for." He said.

"Why do you have doubts? He's enthusiastic about all of this now." I stated.

"My doubt isn't about his loyalty, but that's beside the point." He replied. "I want you to show me around. This is your ship after all."

"There isn't much to it." I said shrugging.

"I want to see it." He said softly.

I lowered my head and walked towards the end of the hall. This ship was the perfect size for just the two or three of us, but it wasn't anything to show off or brag about. It wasn't ratty or anything, but it's definitely not a show piece.

"That's the showers in there and over here is the tool closet." I said opening the door. "We keep extra parts and some odds and ends in here."

I closed the door and went to the other side of the ship. I walked down the hall looking everything over like I was seeing it for the first time. It wasn't new to me, but I couldn't help but be proud of it anyways.

"Under this grate we keep all the gas lines. We had an explosion before, which is why we were on Kashyyyk in the first place. I tried to fix it, but it was beyond me." I said. "We were out looking for dinner when everything happened."

His eyes stayed in contact with mine, but he didn't say a word. He just watched me as I stood there.

"Anyways." I said feeling the tension between us. "Over here is the lounge, we usually trained or hung out back here."

I didn't know what else to say so I walked back down the hall and turned into the beds. We had 4 bunks, but we both usually just used the top bunk as a shelf. I hadn't been in here since the day I was taken. I was hit with an emotion I was expecting seeing this.